The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day one of a new wait

71 days it took for our social worker to complete the homestudy. Thursday afternoon our homestudy and paperwork for immigrations was sent thru the mail. We are hoping next week, we will receive word that they received it and within a month have our fingerprints. I talk to one of the other social workers ( she was our social worker for Katie and Jenny), at Crossroads and she gave me some ideas and thought we could try to do to speed up the waiting a little bit and possibility expedite our stuff in China. It may or may not happen to move it along faster, but knowing their is a possibility of it helps. As I was frustrated with how long the homestudy took, I am relieve knowing the we are onto the next step. I am thankful that a another door possibility open, that we can still get Erin home this summer which was our original goal. Thank you Jesus for showing us another option.
Monika, Katie and Jenny showing off their "fingerprints" "See mom, that was easy, what is the next step". If it only was that simple, we we would be in China now meeting Erin.
My parents came into town to see Jade's concert. She had a small solo part at the beginning of one of the songs. She has such a beautiful voice. The whole concert was very well done. A lot of talented kids and they even had some "fun" songs in there that the kids enjoy. From the time my dad sat down this morning on the couch, the kids were on him and had to all read to him. I think they ended up reading so much to him, it put him to sleep. We unfortunately don't get to see him that often, so it was nice to see him.

I know I don't have many followers on my blog, I want to thank you people that are following this whether you are a lurker or not. I find blogging is therapeutic, love the comments, so feel free leave me some. I have discover a lot of wonderful tips and advice from my own blog entries and also reading others. What a great additional support system to have. Thank you everyone.

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you that you finally have the homestudy completed! I don't always comment, but I do lurk and keep up with what's going on. I love hearing stories of your girls!

    Chris M

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you're finally moving a little. A least that will ease some of the frustration. The picture of Grandad and all of the girls is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard that there are walk in days for fingerprints. Once you get your date-call the number and ask if there is a "walk in" day and when is it? You might be able to cut off three weeks that way?

    So sorry about the long homestudy wait. There is no excuse for that- who knows maybe God has another plan and will have you get Erin in his perfect time!

    God Bless your journey dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was your dad at Gymnastics today too? He looks like a man we ran into when we were leaving.

    ReplyDelete