I had written in the previous post about me homeschooling the younger girls.
Class started at 8:30 and they were excited and ready to go
They worked on math. Jenny learned how to do double digit multiplication and once she understood it, she took off like a rocket, keeping up with her sisters.
Monika being experience in double digit multiplication didn't have to work to hard it. It was a nice review for her.
Katie started learning double digit multiplication in school, so this helped her do it on Monday

Part of the math course was also doing story problems. I on the spur came up with a challenge. I sent the girls out and each of them had to do part of a problem. They had to count on our street, how many houses, how many used the same garage services as we do (it was garbage day), how many house recycle. It took a couple of times before they came up with the the right numbers and wrote good story problems
Jenny hard at work counting and marking the containers. Praise the Lord that the weather was just perfect and we could be out without melting as we have had some very hot days lately.
In the distance see Monika and Katie doing their coutings
Our board of counting. We also counted how many bins from our garage company (like us some of our neighbors have two, one for garage and one for lawn recycle), and numbers of recycle bins as some people have two.
After Math and some spelling, it was lunch and recess, the girls playing on the swing set.
We came back in and learned about Simile. That was a new word for me, I knew how to use Simile and have written many Simile, but never new the term. The girls came up with some good ones and we had a lot laughs with them.
We had school from 8:30 until 1:15 when Erin came home from school. I treated the girls to a movie of Di*ry of a Wimpy Kid. I used the movie title as part of the 20 words of spelling. After they had all the words spelled out, they had to figure this sentence out "After a delightful and amazing day at school, you are rewarded with a movie called Di*ry of a Wimpy Kid". Out of the 20 words they had to spell, I told them 6 of the words were part of the sentence. It took a few tries and team work to get it.
We didn't have time to do all the tings I printed out, but I also did some taping of Parts of Speech and interesting words to use in place of simple words. The girls were very disappointed that we didn't finish everything in the same day. They asked if we can do it again. I told them yes
I admire those that home school you children. In the one day that I did it, it brought me a lot of Joy teaching them, to see them get something, to have Monika help out and try to explain some things to one of her sisters while I was working with the other sister. To be able to teach things that all of them didn't know. To see the light bulb go off in Jenny's head when she learned how to do double digit multiplication. To see the awesome of it all.
Great Idea girls and thank you for being such good student to me and making it such a fun time









What a fun mom you are! Our homeschool days aren't nearly as fun!
ReplyDelete