The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, December 3, 2012

"I just needed to believe in myself"

It P*ppermint Twist time
Friday the girls had another meet.
This one is a fun one at the convention center
which means it isn't crowded and you 
had a lot of space.
I picked the girls up from school along with Monika classmate whom is also on the team.
Ready to go to the meet.  They enjoyed themselves a lot with Grace before leaving
 When we parked in the ramp, we meet up with some more teammates.  It took us all a couple of tries to find the right elevator.  We thought we were being smart and parking next to the elevator, but we parked at the wrong one and had to go 1/2 way down a ramp and all the way across.  Luckily we had no problems finding our way back to the car.
 At the entrance of the gym.  We got there about an hour early, the girls enjoyed looking around at all the things and hanging out.
 The Level 5 girls, after the meet, most of the girls had good meets, many of them making personal best.
Monika had 9's in 3 of the 4 events and made it in the 36 club for the first time.  Katie made it in the 34 club for the first time.

 Making silly faces
 Our team score was very high, coaches thinks we broke the level 5 club record and felt very sure that we would have gotten 1st place.  We missed 1st place by .700 (approx)/
 Monika and Katie showing off their placement metals.  Monika was 7th place and Katie was 34 place out of 76 gymnasts.  What an awesome event for both of them.
Having fun after awards.  Katie came up to me and said "like you told me mom, I just need to believe in myself and look what I got"  So true Katie.  When I told her what her score was after the meet, she couldn't believe me and it took her a few seconds for it to registered how well she did.

Before the meet a couple of weeks ago, I had a child that just couldn't believe that she was good enough in gymnastics.  She had that struggle in her.  I had mention in a previous  posting about Katie struggling with it not believing she was good enough no matter what people said, after making it to state, that helped, but this event really click.  Keep up the good work.

Now we are State Bound this Saturday.  Prayers are appreciated that we will all have a good meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment