The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas decorating time.

Monday the kids didn't have school.
I decided to decorate the house together.
Ended up just being Katie and Erin
decorating as
Monika and Jenny felt picking on each
other would be better idea.
That idea ended them up in their
room for 7 hours.
I debated if I should hold off and decorate
when they were  done with
consequences.
Their better idea, has been
causing a lot of problems the last couple of weeks
and they weren't changing it at all.
I decided even though this is suppose
to be a fun family thing, I didn't want
Katie and Erin have to sacrifice because of their
sister's behaviors
 
I let Erin and Katie do all the
lights on their own.
It was fun watching them do it.
I wasn't sure if Erin would decorate.
The last couple of weeks she has been funny about the holidays.
Questioning a lot why we do Thanksgiving and
Christmas.
She understands that Christmas is a special day because
of it being Jesus birthday,
but not understanding all the
family gatherings and all the work involved
including decorating the house.
Erin came out of her room
as Katie was putting the tree together
and jumped right in.
It made me smile so big.
and they worked together so well.
The finished product.
Looks a lot better in the evenings.
Erin then asked if she could take some of the lights
and put them up in her room.
I was shocked but said sure.
Think it goes perfect.
My village.  I love looking at it.
The younger girls like it.
Erin hates it and she has
made that known.
I explained to her why I liked it.
 
Today I have been without work for 6 1/2 weeks
due to my ankle injury.
I spend the day watching the first
real snowfall of the year today
while in my living room where
all the decorations are
and going thru
pictures for Gymnastics.
 
With me not working for the last 6 1/2 weeks, I have been able to do a lot of reflecting on things.  I haven't been paid while I been off from work.
I have been enjoying my time off and will have a hard time
going back to work. 
I have done a lot of reading, scrapbooking, going thru paperwork
and watching tv as I can't be on my foot a lot.
I pray every day and night that I will continue to heal and when I go back to the doctor on the 17th, he will give me the news that I can go back to work.
 
I have been so grateful that God has been providing for me.
I am grateful for my family that has helped me out greatly
I am grateful for the friends that have helped out,
for prayers that have been said for me and my children.
 
I have talked with my girls about how Christmas is going to be simple this year.
They were fine with it.
They have even become creative and
made some things
by hand and love
with things in the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment