Dear Anonymous
Thank you for stating your comment on my post last week,
Please let me know who you are
so I can ask how you know about
Erin's past that I don't know about.
I have written that she doesn't like males
that she doesn't like her dad due to
"he looks mad all the time and he grab me twice" (which was to bring her to her room as she refused to go).
Why?
We are still learning.
She has a hard time with authority, but it is getting better
We do know that many people in the authority role in China were males.
She has a hard time with authority, but it is getting better
We do know that many people in the authority role in China were males.
From what she has told us, we feel it is abuse in our eyes, but not sure what kind
But you seem to know what kind
Please enlighten me, so I can help her work thru it.
Are you assuming because she doesn't like
males that it is due to sexual?
Until we know for sure what happen in China
we can't say.
So please tell me what you know.
Thank you
So please tell me what you know.
Thank you

Sue, I'm surprised to read that you've not yet confirmed Erin's experiences in China which have led to her fears. You've said here that she fears men & you've associated that with "what happened to her in China" - while you've not come right out and said she's been abused, that's the insinuation. I can't be the only one who observes the theme in your posts about Erin. I certainly don't want to encourage you to detail any more about the private details of her life, but I truly hope you will consider removing the public posts from your blog about her personal struggles in this regard. This topic is of such a private nature, and as I said earlier - this is Erin's story - and I don't think it's appropriate for public consumption. I understand that you need support; the whole family likely does as you work through these issues - but not at the cost of Erin's privacy. I wish the very best for your family, and I hope you're able to get to a place of trust with Erin so that you can work through her truth and get to a point of recovery with her. If she's not already in therapy to address trauma concerns, it seems like a prudent course. I say this simply through the impressions I've formed reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteThere are a lot of assumptions this "anonymous" person is making. I also noticed that "anonymous" still has not revealed who she/he is ~ I find that interesting. If you are going to publicly question Sue, then you should be willing to attach your name to your post.
ReplyDeleteSue is Erin's Mom, not you. Sue will raise her as she sees fit. I'm sure there are many parents you observe that you don't agree with; however, it is not your place to comment on their methods. It would be rude and frankly none of your business. Perhaps, you don't know all the "ends and out" of a situation. Perhaps, you are only viewing a fraction of their lives and thus shouldn't make sweeping statements publicly regarding their parenting.
I would like to now thank Sue for all she has done. There have been 3 people (Sue, Cristy, & Deb), who I have turned to for advice regarding our adoption journey. Sue took her time to visit our little Katha, take pictures of her, and ask questions for us. Sue has listened to my concerns and rejoiced in our happiness. Sue has a loving heart, she cares for ALL children, and she advocates for each one she comes in contact with. Sue, I have been blessed by you, as I'm certain others have. I have prayed for you, your girls, and Erin ~ just as I know you have prayed for us and Katha. I value your opinion.
I am proud to call Sue a friend and my name is Meg McDowell.
I was just catching up on your blog. Oh, my goodness. The nerve of some people. I am talking about you "Anonymous". If you have issues with this blog don't read it. Sue is an amazing mother. I am proud to call her my friend too!
ReplyDeleteKathi Getzinger