As today finishes up, I am reminded over and over that there is so much to be thankful, and not only on Th*ankgiving. As I reflect back one year ago, I was going thru a very very difficult time with Erin, she was testing and being very difficult at this time, I was leaning very very heavily on God, family and friends. I was also letting my side of the family know about Dave and I and our decision with one another. It seems like years ago that both of those happen, and on the other hand it seems like just last month. Right before people starting arriving, Erin retreated to her room and stayed there until it was time to eat, she was not very excited about hanging out with the families, but she managed. She ended up having to sit next to my dad and across from her dad. She ate as fast as she could and the excused herself. Once we had everything cleaned up, we started the annual Am*zing Race. She was very excited and got into it . She has come along in so many ways, which sometimes make it hard when she chooses/struggles with the men. Tonight before she went to be, she actually on her own half way wave at my dad goodnight. That was an accomplishment. We had 3 teams of 4. We had a lot of laughs, below are some of the games we played.
 |
| Erin and Bridget trying to get the orange balls off the cookie sheet |
 |
| Making a smiley face out of candy |
 |
| keeping balloons in the air using only one hand. It was unusually warm outside |
 |
| Erin moving a cooking from forehead to mouth |
 |
| Jade moving cookie |
 |
| Stacking 5 apples onto one another |
 |
| Transferring cotton balls from one bowl to another using only your nose and vaseline |
 |
| Jade shaking golf balls out of a kleenex box on her back |
 |
| Trying to catch pencils |
I am so thankful for Jesus, he continues to guide me and show me how he wants me to live, everyday I wake up and am grateful for having him in my life and for everything I have. I would not be where I am if I didn't have him with me.
Happy Thanksgiving Sue and family! The games you played look like a lot of fun, what a great thing for the kids (and adults!) to do. You are so creative.
ReplyDelete