After a couple of weeks, the day has arrived. Monika first gymnastic meet and she was one nervous and scared girl. Everyone reasurred her it will be fine.
 |
| Monika asked her big sister Erin to do her hair |
 |
| Monika all ready to compete. |
 |
| Monika hair do |
 |
| These 7 girls were competing of the first time, they were all so nervous |
 |
| Monika's team won 1st place, way to go. |
 |
| Monika's flowers from her Aunt Cindy and cousin Cassie |
 |
Monika's placement ribbons
Monika's first event was the vault, and she did awesome, had the highest score of the 7 girls. We then moved onto the bars, she did good, I was surprise she scored as low as she did. We next moved to the beam, where everything fell apart with her. She wasn't even 10 seconds into the routine when she fell off and landed hard on her shoulder. She curled up into a fetal position, her two coaches ran to her, then a couple more, then they called the director of gymnastic along with a nurse and nurse pracitioner over to Monika. During this time, I am sitting on the edge of my chair wanting to run over there. I was told a long time ago if your child gets hurt while playing a sport, that you have to let the coaches handled it. It was so hard, I was getting scared that something was so horrible wrong. The minute the director swomp Monika in her arms and took her to the chairs, I was off those bleachers very fast and to Monika. By this time, they determined that she physically broken but emotional was. She cried hard with me and her dad, we then left her with the coaches. They managed to calm her down. She was able to move forward and do the floor. She had a big smile on her face once the floor was done.
I am so thankful that only Monika's pride was hurt on the beam, she really scared us.
Monika told me that after the meet, excluding the beam, it wsn't as bad as she thought it would be and that she enjoyed herself with the exception of the beam.
Monika's center took the 1st place team trophy, way to go girls, I am so proud of everyone of you. |
No comments:
Post a Comment