The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, March 26, 2012

The famous Jord*n on Shamian Island

Jordan writing Erin's name as Monika and Jenny watch.

This man is amazing and I mean amazing.  He has a shop on Shamin Island and is is always ready to greet all the newly adopted children and their families.  He has a great memory and remember us on both of our trips.  He is so smiley and happy and helpful.  As a present to the newly adopted children, he invites you into his store and will write the American and Chinese name of your child and if you have children back home he will even do those.  He has a very strong relationship with Jesus and enjoys talking about Jesus.  See below what a fellow adoptive mom just wrote.  We just found this out and it saddens me.  The email address on the bottom is Jordan. 
Nearly every family who has adopted a child from China knows who Jordan on Shamian Island is. He is such a friendly shop keeper, and one of a dying breed as many shop owners on Shamian Island have closed.

 For each of the girls, we have the special painting he did of their American names in Chinese calligraphy. I wonder just how many families in America have one of those hanging in their homes. He does this for families free of charge.

We visited Shamian Island tonight (more on that later), and I was told Jordan's was closing soon. We made his shop our first stop, knowing I wanted to get him to paint the boys' new names in Chinese calligraphy. While there I said, "Jordan, I heard you are closing soon."

And, he quickly answered, almost abruptly, "In 5 days." But then he added many more details.  What I am comfortable sharing publicly here, though, is this. He was just told he had to be out of the building he rents and was given less than a month's notice. If I understood him correctly, only a week.

He said a larger company is renting other floors in his building and they want his small space, too. He told those forcing him to leave, "But, I have a family. I have a son. What am I going to do?"

He and I talked tonight about our Best Friend and how He will take care of Jordan. I promised Him our family would be praying for him. And, just like Jesus We all joined in a conversation about how we would be praying for Jordan.


Then, tonight, I thought of all of you. I knew many of you would want to join in support and prayer for Jordan. If the LORD so moves you, you could send him an email of love, support, and prayers. We plan to go back to Shamian Island on Wednesday. I would love for him to tell me how many families have supported him. and

To God be the glory!

Join us in doing great things for Him, since He has done such great things for us.

jordonlee86@yahoo.com

3 comments:

  1. I saw your post on Facebook from another friend. Thank you for posting this. Jordon's was our favorite shop on the Island. He has blessed many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. Just sent Jordan an email. Perhaps you should think about posting this on the Families with older Adopted Children Yahoo group- that is how I found it. I went to your blog. Best of luck with all of your children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need your help with something regarding Jordon - can you please e-mail me at evenoelle@aol.com? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete