The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

update on Jordon

Here is an update, what awesome news.
update on Jordon
   
We visited with Jordon today.

I asked if he had checked his email, and he said his son had a lot of homework, so he had not checked it yet.

I told him how I had shared his situation, and many people from around the world were praying for him. I told him some of the stories you have shared with me about how he has helped you, how his calligraphy hangs in your homes. If you've met him, you can envision his look of surprise, and then his smile. He reached for my hand.

Then.....

He hugged my neck.

And said, "People were praying around the world? Let me tell you what happened. I asked the owner of the building if I could sit on the sidewalk and continue to do calligraphy for the American families. I guess he thought I was crazy. He asked me if I would like to rent the 5th floor, and he would put in an elevator." I had chills! We praise the LORD together on the sidewalk.

Jordon continued, "So, I start asking the American families...if I go up to the 5th floor, would you still visit me if there was an elevator? All of the Americans I asked, said yes, so I am going to rent the 5th floor where there was a restaurant before."

I told him he should be sure to check his email, becuase so many of you have shared that you emailed him. With excitement he said, "So, when I go home tonight, I will see these emails?"

As we talked, Jordon said he didn't know how long he would be allowed to stay where he is, and how long he might have to close before he can open up on the 5th floor. But, he said, "Tell everyone I will be here on the sidewalk doing calligraphy for the adoptive families. I love them. I will be right here."
Oh what a blessing to have been a small part of his life, to have been there in person to hear how God has answered the prayers of many!

3 comments:

  1. When we were in China a year ago, the fifth floor above him was a very yummy home kitchen restaurant. I guess it closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't visited for awhile but now I am completely confused>

    Are you in China??

    I love Jordan- we go there every time we are in China!! He can't figure out why we are there so much!! ;-)

    Thank you for posting about Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just re-read your post and my comment does not make any sense now. :-) He already said the restaurant was not there. I missed that the first time I read it. I'm glad he's not being kicked out. I'm sad that all of the adoption traffic is gone from the island now.

    ReplyDelete