The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Friday, March 23, 2012

The ups and downs

Jenny has become a litte H*rry Potter girl.  A couple of weeks ago, I brought her the first book, I had seen people posting about their kids reading it.  I have never read the series and have only seen a couple of the movies.  I had gotten advice from different people saying she shouldn't read beyond book two and others telling me to let her keep reading.  After Dave and I had some discussion we decided to let her read book three and see how she does as we were told by some that it darker and others side it was more good vs evil.  It took Jenny less then 48 hours to read book 3 and she talks non stop about it.  She now is half way thru book 4 and she just started to read it Tuesday night.  We stopped at B&N last Saturday and they had a display of the different kinds of wands each of the character uses.  She was so glued to it.  I don't think she has been so in to something as she is with HP.  She reads every free second that she can.  Her cousin gave this hat to her and she wears it as much as she can.  Jenny also moved up another level in Gymnastic.  She is working very hard and trying to follow Monika and Katie

Monika's hair after she took out the braids that Erin put in.  Monika is/has been struggling this week, her emotions are running high, she is getting angry easily at people, she is using one person as a scapegoat.  She is my rational child that is being irrational, she has such a hurt looking feeling in her eyes, but she doesn't know why she is feeling that way other then being really mad at a particular person.  This person didn't do (in our eyes) much to get her mad, but she is  mad.  It has been hard watching her, to see the pain and irrational child and I can't comfort her enough.  Monika is also struggling to learn the difference of being a good leader and being bossy.  She doesn't understand that she comes off strong sometimes.  She has such a sensitive heart and soul. 

A couple of weeks ago I did a spa day with the younger girls (hopefully will blog about that some time so). With this spa, I gave the girls bubble bath, hair massages, foot soaks and scrubs, facial mask, manicure and pedicure.  Erin didn't want all of that, and asked if she could get fake nails instead.  She really liked her last year 1:1 fake nails.  I didn't realize how much of a process this was, but it was fun to do it with her.  Erin these past couple of weeks ago has really taken some pretty big leaps with her relationship with Dave, she has asked for help with her new I pod, and this past Tuesday when we were at his house, SHE ASKED HIM yes you read that right, she asked him if he wanted to go out to eat with us and shopping.  He had already had supper but wasn't going to turn it down.  We had a great evening out and Erin and Dave were able to kid with each other a little.  Dave's patience is really starting to pay off.  Even though she doesn't totally trust him yet, she come a long way.

Katie has fully recovered from her second surgery, she is already looking forward to her third surgery in May and is disappointed once again she isn't staying overnight.  She has been staying very focus at gymnastic and you can see the improvement, she is also doing a lot better at home of not being easily distracted. She has been so carefree and smiley.  She also taking a notice of little things around the house that need to be done and that it isn't mom's responsible to do it every time or have to ask one of the girls to do it. 

They never said parenting piece of cake, some days it is easy, some days it not to bad, some days are challenging and other days you are feel just lost, but you are not, because you have Jesus with you every step of the way along with your wonderful family and friends that support and give you advice and help you in any way they can.  Monika has really had me stump this week as how to "fix" what is going on in her little mind right now, so I just loving her more and trying to show her more affections as she works thru this.

No comments:

Post a Comment