The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A walk around the lake

My neice Cassie called me up and asked if the girls and I wanted to go for a walk around the lake which is 1.6 miles.  It was a seasonably warm day as we have been having many.  We stopped to take some pictures and Erin did well with them.  She doesn't mind so much anymore and usually smiles nicely...not always as you will see later.


Katie still feeling a little bit under the weather and was tired of walking so Monika volunteer to give her a piggy back ride.  Monika is 49 inches and 44 pounds, Katie is 52 inches and 56 pounds.  Monika was able to carry a ways before getting tired.  What a great sister she is.  Monika has been doing so much better emotional, thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts you sent for Monika.  She has been really a trooper lately and it is shining, I will pray it continues to do this.

Jenny managed to get Erin to give her a piggy back ride.

Erin dared me to carry her which I did...but she decided she needed to stick that tongue out.....She continues to amaze me in what she accepting affection now.  I can touch her just about anywhere (excluding private parts) and not have her pull away, get scared, mad or give me her evil look.  Tonight she went to bed early as she has to get up at 3:30 in the morning to make her way to the airport.  She is going to NY and competing in a math competion with 7 classmates.  She is very nervous of going because she feels she going to let the team down because she isn't smart.  Her dad and I both have reassured her along with the math coaches that she will do fine and she is smart.  I think because Erin sat in her IEP review, she knows where she is in math compared to her classmates.  One year ago she went with her school to California for a basketball tournment.  She couldn't wait to go, to get away from her family and to be surrounded by deaf people, this time, she told me she is nervous, scared of math but that she will also MISS me and being home.  Amazing.....Thank you Lord....she is learning the importance of family and the love of a family.

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy reading your posts. Erin has come a long way and knows how much she is loved.

    Angie, Kau`i and Kailani

    ReplyDelete