The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Friday, August 27, 2010

It is the final countdown

Wednesday we made a trip to the Cathedral. Jade has seen the outside of it many times as it stands proud on top of Capital Hill. So we arrived just in time for the tour which included the history of the making of the Cathedral and then got to hear about each of the saints and got to see their places in the Cathedral. It was 1 1/2 hours long and just fascinating. It is so beautiful and I love the stained glass pictures like the one below.


Thursday I did my yearly tradition with the 4 youngest girls. Jade decided she didn't want to go. But before we left, we received a call from another grant organization saying they approved us. We are so thankful that they approved us and that God has been providing for us.

As I said, I continue my tradition of the yearly visit to the state fair. I brought the 4 youngest...if you look closely at Katie you will see she is holding a picture of Erin. We wanted Erin to enjoy our tradition even when she isn't physically here with us. This was my 39th year going to the fair. I have never missed one year since I was born. My mom started this tradition and I am keeping it going.
On the ferris Wheel, Monika and Erin sharing a seat as Katie and Jenny share one. The girls had a lot of fun on the ferris wheel.Jenny and Erin going down the slide together. The weather was so beautiful


Yet another fun ride.
Priceless
Mirror maze
The weather was perfect, the food was wonderful. You couldn't pick a better day. Next year Erin will be with us and we can start the tradition with her.



We have 4 days before we leave. There has been so many changes this week and we are still
waiting for the grant money to show up. The grant money is suppose to pay for China. We got enough grants now to pay all the in country travels and adoption fee. Mail has 2 more days to get the checks to us and we need prayers that the banks will allow us to collect a very large amount of money from the deposit checks. We are praying that they won't make us wait a day or two for it to clear. Nothing like waiting down to the wire. We are so thankful as we have had 2 dear friends that said they can give us money on Monday if the checks don't arrive and we will pay them back when the checks come. Thank you lord for always having everything cover.

The excitement, the fear, the reality is sinking in. We will have Erin in 10 day, yes 10 days. Her world and our lives as we know them are going to do a 180 degree change. We pray that Erin will not have to difficult of a time transitioning to us. We pray that will know what to do if she is struggling.

Today 16 years ago on a very hot windy day, Dave and I were married by his father. It is amazing it is already 16 years ago. The memories that we have made both good and bad, the ups and downs, the joy and tears and everything in between has been such a blessing. Each day I learn something new and have personal growth. Thank you for those wonderful years. I love you with all my heart, my best friend, my soul mate, my husband, my children father.
Saturday morning I will be working my last shift until probably the beginning of October.



3 comments:

  1. The fair looks wonderful, and I can't wait to follow your journey. Especially interested to see if the HoJos is as good as you have heard. It's certainly a lot cheaper than the other recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!

    I can't believe the time is here for you to go to China for Erin! She is already loved more than she knows!!

    Okay- now you've made me want to take the girls to the fair- I need to run it by hubby- we had just decided not to go this year.Hmmm, it's a woman prerogative to change her mind!

    Praying for all of you in China!! What day do you come home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pictures of the fair. That is so cute that you took Erin along. :)
    39 years? Wow! I can see why you didn't want to break the tradition.
    Happy anniversary to you guys!
    Can't wait to watch and hear all about your journey. SO exciting!!

    ReplyDelete