The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunny Sunday

The look on my girls face when they saw me last Tuesday was priceless. They were in shock and took a couple of seconds to realize it was me in the flesh and I was really there. I got there a lot later then I wanted to (See the previous post).

Monika really likes to collect rocks, so on Wednesday morning as we were outside talking about what they have been up to since they got to the cabin, we made a rock sculpture. This family trip was very low key. There was no tv and internet only in the lodge. There was a lot of card playing, everyone learned new games, Jade got to really bond with her cousins on Dave's side. Usually she is only with them for a couple hours at a time and there is usually an event or something going on. So this time she got to "live" with them. Just about everyone had a great time, The two oldest teenagers (not Jade, but the 15 and 14 year old) had a harder time this year. One was missing a girlfriend and I am not sure on the other. But other then that, it was a blast, it was relaxing and I needed that, it was also undivided time with my kids and family. I also got to read a good book and finish it, work on Erin's lifebook. We came home Friday.
Today the girls and I went to Irish fair before I went to work. This Celtic cross looks very close to the one that I brought home from Ireland. Dave's dad is from Ireland and he took all of us kids and the 3 grandkids that were here at that time in 1998.
Petting a Irish hound
I have always enjoyed the bagpipes, I love hearing the sound and watching them. I a truly in awe of them.

With only 2 1/2 hours there (since I had to work), we didn't get to do everything we wanted to do. Jenny (in the pink) got to learn some Irish dancing, she did great. I had always vision one of my children (started long before my girls were hear) that one of them would do it. I enjoyed Riverdance (saw it live), but they all chose other things and they are good at what they are in, and that is what is important.

On the adoption front: Received an email on Thursday from our agency. The reason we haven't gotten our TA and approaching 4 weeks is because the Director that signs the TA's is not in and apparently has been not in for a little while and who knows when he will be back in. I wish there could be a backup person to sign those TA's. I did get an email from an worker at the orphanage that informed me that Erin did get the package and she is happy. She is still at the boarding school (we thought she would be back at the orphanage since we were told she would be at the orphanage during summer break which they are on). We were excited to hear from a person that is in direct contact with her. This helps a little bit with the wait. On the job front, I had hoped for a schedule, no luck, so I will continue to pick up on days and evenings. I am so happy that I not nights anymore...Thank you Jesus for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment