Friday I got the pleasure to see the inside of a very important building in MN. It could be considered the most important one. I have lived 20 minutes away from it all my life and is sad to say I never made it inside. The 2nd graders (3 classes) were going and I got to be one of the parents. I had three wonderful children to be with:

Monika, Olivia and Grace. Grace is in Monika's gymnastic class so I already knew her.

The Golden statue, we could almost touch it. They were doing roof work and that is why there was scaffold over it. I learned the 4 horses were the elements of earth and that there is 7 pounds of gold on this statue.

The girls plus their friend in front of the building with the Golden statue above them, they look so small in front of this building.

The Senate Room.

Center Star that has the letter "M" in it.


Cool looking spiral stairs we went up on.

Looking across the hallway/room

The Supreme Justices Room, There are 7 judges that sit in there. The gentleman that standing was our guide and his name was David, which Monika thought was pretty cool since her daddy is David. The Gentleman with the white shirt is Monika's teacher.
If you haven't figured out yet, We visited and toured the state capital. The tour last about 45 minutes and then we ate lunch. we were going to eat lunch on the lawn but it ended up sprinkling for a little bit, so we ate inside. Once the kids were done eating they were allow to go on the lawn and run off some energy.

Monika doing her cartwheels, round-offs and back handsprings. Her and Grace enjoyed showing others what they can do.

Today I took the younger girls to the Little Canada Parade, this parade isn't far from our house, so we biked. We were at the very beginning of the parade, so we came home with lots of goods. The Vulcans got the girls, but I was successful not getting it. The weather was overcast with a couple of drops of rain. The girls were trying to get all the stickers from the people that are running for positions. We had lots of fun.
This week is a big week on the adoption front. 3 of the 6 grants we applied for are meeting this week on our request for assistance. We are praying that they will feel our need is worthy enough to help us, we continue to be thousands dollars away from all the fees needed and still may have one parent stay home. We have prayed that both of us will be going with and hope we will be successful with some grants. We are also entering our 2nd week of waiting for the TA (Travel Approval). This is stressful part of waiting. Knowing we are so close to bringing her home, yet you wait.
Funny how the sights that are closest to home are the ones we never visit. We live about 90 minutes from the WI state capital and the first time I went was just a few years ago! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sue....saw your comment on our blog: our email is gjmlogue @ yahoo . com if you want to email us :) Blessings, Jennifer
ReplyDelete