The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Terrific Tuesday

I am shouting with Joy, but yet no one can hear me except for God. I have gotten some good and good and good news today and some not so good news.
Here is the good news:
1.) Got a nice grant (our first), this grant will be given to our agency directly. They won't sent it until we have Travel approval dates. This grant is from an organization that also has 3 beautiful daughters from China. This family is awesome and they have done great things for orphans in China. And they have beautiful songs. THANK YOU SO MUCH. This grants was a 1/4 of what we have remaining to pay. I emailed them right away and thanked them, they requested for updates and we have no problems giving it to them. We are planning to donate back to them once we get home and settle.
2.) I got another call from a organization that called us last week. They had the final questions for us and we should know in a week if we get accepted. I felt it went very well. The lady I talked to was extremely nice and we have something in common. Her mother lost her hearing at 30, so we talked about my hearing loss, Katie, Jenny's and Erin's. We are praying they will feel we meet their expectations and they will feel they can help us.
3.) I am officially off nights. Got that phone call this afternoon. I don't have a concrete schedule yet, but with the amount of staff off for vacations and so forth, I will be able to get my minimum required hours that I need to keep the insurance. They feel I should know my new schedule by Saturday when I got back to work. Even though this means I will take another pay cut, I feel I need to do this for my well being and for the family. These past 8 months has been one of the hardest and trying times for me. Some days I didn't feel I was going to make it, but Jesus was standing along the side of me and coaxing and encouraging me, I am so thankful for him and for the support of family, friends, co workers and everyone out there that helped us and said prayers. THANK YOU.
4.) Best news, I get to go see my hubby and kids after I done posting and spend 3 whole days with them in the middle of no where without phone receptions and very very slow internet. As much as I have enjoyed getting stuff done around the house and doing some project, I rather be with my family.
5.) The not so good news, the earliest now for TA is Friday and that doubtful, so we will be moving into next week probably for TA. I am not happy about this, but at least I know that I can enjoy the next 3 days with the family and not wondering if we got it. I think it is time for me to find a ladybug since it has boughten us good news each time.

Again THANK YOU everyone who has SUPPORTED us, PRAYED for us, GIVEN us advice, DONATED to us, HELPED us any way you could. We couldn't have made it without all of you there, and THANK YOU JESUS for being there every step of the way and holding and guiding us.


6 comments:

  1. More good news than bad, so overall things are looking up for you all. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your good news! Have a fun few days away, we will be leaving 8/19 for Maine and back 8/30, so keep updating your blog so I can follow you from the East.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee Jesus!! Congratulations!! Lots and Lots of good news!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!

    Have fun with the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been away from the blog for a few days...YIPPPEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful news Sue!!! even the bad news isn't too terrible (just annoying!!). Hoping you hear about traveling soon and then get packed. Hope to see you this Friday at playgroup....Zoe and I are planning on attending

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thrilled for your family's good news. Thank you, Lord! So awesome. :)

    Enjoy your time away. I'm sure you need it and it will be great for you.

    ReplyDelete