The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, August 9, 2010

Silence is Golden

NOT.... Perhaps for the first couple of hours, but not after 2 days. The house is too quiet. I don't hear any laughter, talking, fighting,, it is amazing how much you miss it when it is gone. The family left without me Saturday early afternoon for Dave's side of the family trip. Every year we go to a cabin in Northen MN or WI and his parents, two brothers and their families lived together for 7 days. This year I stayed back due to work and not using what little vacation time I have left. I have been keeping myself busy. I worked Saturday evening. Sunday spend the day mowing grass that hasn't been mowed for 3 weeks. It was a wee bit long especially in some places. I bagged it and overheated the lawn mower twice. In between waiting for the lawn mower to cool off, I tackled the garage. Got that all cleaned up, got the lawn mowed in the unbelievable heat with humidity to match it. If that wasn't enough for one day, I took on finishing up Erin's room, took all of Monika's and Jenny's decorations off the wall, dusted all the furniture and so forth. It looks so bare. Don't want to go and buy decorations as we don't know what she likes. We are not changing the theme (Monika's theme from when she was first brought home in 2003) either, we are going to wait. So any ideas, feel free to let me know. This is what is in there (picture below), I also worked Sunday night.

The little green bear in the hutch is a beanie baby that is named Erin, I brought this 3 or 4 years ago when they were popular. Who would have known that was going to be our next daughter. This hutch and the little one that you can barely see in the corner,my dad built for me when I was about 7 0r 8 years old. The mirror opens up and has shelves in it. Erin's quilt is what left to do in the room.


Today is the 2nd full day by my lonesome. I came home from work, went to bed, attempted to sleep soundly, but only manage to that occasionally. Since going onto night 8 months ago, I have only slept soundly during the day a handful of times. I thought for sure today I would, with no one home and nothing to worry about. But it ain't happening. So I started the next project, cleaning out the bathroom hair accessory. The above picture is all the stuff I got rid of it. I took a nice walk to the bank and then walked to Culvers and walked home. The house is to quiet still.

It is amazing how much noise fills this house and even when it gets to loud at times and wish for quietness, I don't wish for this long of time. I miss the smiles, the hugs, the innocence things about everything with them. Can't wait to have them all in my arms again. Until them, focus on doing a lot of things that I probably wouldn't do as fast if they were here.

On adoption front....I spoke to our social worker today. She informed me the earliest we would get TA would be Thursday but figuring it will be next week or so. We most likely won't travel until September, for the girls, they will be in school which will help them I feel to keep them busy vs. if we left while they were out of school. I also received an email address of a person at Erin's orphanage that comes to a lot of the adoptions and helps be the translator for the kids and the new parents. I emailed her and hoping to hear back. We still continue to wait on grant committees to make their decision on whether they will help us. We are praying hard as we really need their help so both Dave and I can travel.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am sure the silencing is really hard, especially as you wait for the TA. So sad that they are saying Thursday, I was really really hoping for earlier.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete