11 months ago
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Your Everlasting Love
My younger girls learned this song at Crossroads Church that we attend now. The music there is so powerful and uplifting. Right now I am sitting at Church while Erin attends the Teen Hangout. This is her 3rd week here and she is enjoying it. She doesn't say a lot about it, but she ask if she is going and when I say yes, she says good. When she was done last week, she was calm.
Today at work I came across this quote: When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love ~~by Marcus Aurelius.. I have tried to wake up happy, on a positive note and have written about that before. I experienced on Tuesday morning (yestraday) not waking up on a positive note, I went to bed upset with Erin (she deleted some pictures off my camera that I didn't give her permission to), she was already in bed, so I couldn't talk to her about it. Woke up crabby and went to work crabby, stayed crabby all day. I tried all day long, to put the incident out of my mind and just deal with it later, but it wouldn't leave and it was weighing me down heavy. When the younger girls got home, they asked to watch the video of "Your Everlasting Love", as I listened to it, I felt God's arms around me and I was able to calm down some. It was a good thing as I opened my email and found out there Erin had another incident at school of not being nice to a boy. Speaking to Erin about it, I was able to be calmer about it since I heard the song. It was a misunderstanding with the boy/teacher, which made me feel a lot better too.
I am currently sitting at church while Erin is participating in Hangtime teen group. This is her 3rd week and she seems to be liking it. I am very grateful for that. I am also enjoying my time here, as I am not distracted with TV, or other things, I can look around and feel God's presence. This church is truly amazing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What an encouragement to hear how you have handled a tough situation... don't you just love it when God gives you that heart change/attitude change?? And our kids see it and it's such a great example to them!
ReplyDeleteSounds like God was there just when you needed Him and in the way that you could best receive His comfort.
ReplyDeleteRuby