This past spring I decided I wanted to do a mom and daughter trip with my mom, sister and sister in law. We picked Duluth. Due to my brother in law's accident, my sister had to stay home and she is dearly missed, but we are still having fun. When we left the Twin Cities on Tuesday afternoon it was 98 degrees with heat index at 116 (a record). We travelled 2 1/2 hours north to tempertures in the 70's and barely any humidity. Today was our first full day and we decided to hang out in Canal Park (along Lake Superior). We checked the weather at 8, it was 67 degrees, getting up to 82 degrees with low humidity. At the same time in the Twin cities is was already 85 degrees and suppose to get up into the 90's with high humidity. First we stopped to say hi to the Moose
 |
| Kimmie and I "crossing" the Grandma's Marathon finish line |
 |
| I climbed down some rocks to be closer to Lake Superior |
 |
| I asked Kimmie to come down by me, my mom told her not to because she didnt' need another idiot in the family, as you can see Kimmie didn't listen. |
 |
| My mom refused to go on the rocks at all, so she had her picture taken on more solid ground |
We decided to rent a tantem bike for an hour. Kim and I did the pedalling while mom hung out in the middle. We also discovered that I had full control of the stearing and brakes, eventhough Kimmie had a stearing wheel. We biked along Lake Superior it was perfect and the weather was perfect
 |
| Half way thru our ride on the tantam, we found a place where the rocks weren't to bad and were able to walk down them and be next to a beachy like area. |
 |
| Me posing and playing around |
 |
| We convinced my mom to take shoes off and get her feet wet...the water was cold but felt good. |
 |
| We went to the Aquariam after walking/tantam around the shorelines of Lake Superior, we made it in time to see the otter show. Otters are one of my favorite animals and I learned something new about them today. When otters go to sleep they suck on their thumb. |
 |
Watched scuba divers feed fish.
Once we finished the aquariam, we headed back to the Canal area, tour more shops and then ate at the famous Grandma's Restrurant, came back to the hotel and played cards.
We are having a lot of laughs, and enjoying each other's company. My sister was in our thoughts (we even talked to her a few times). I am so grateful to have this time with my mom and sister in law and I can't wait to see what we have in store for tomorrow (Thursday |
No comments:
Post a Comment