Katie's birthday is next Sunday and Monika's birthday is on the 29th. We had decided we were going to get the two girls new bigger bikes for their birthdays. Dave and I went out and brought them today and then discovered that we had no place to hide them, so we decided to give it to them tonight. We went out to eat, my brother and his family showed up (they were kinda invited by us), then a dear friend showed up with her kids (we didn't know nothing about that) and then another friend of my brothers and myself showed up. It was fun. When we got home, we were still in the van and I told my girls that Dad and I had their birthday present and was going to give it to them early because we couldn't hide it. Monika right away said they got new bikes, Katie said ya, there are in the garage and they got out and ran into the garage and found these:![]()
When we brought the bikes, they had these street hockey sticks on clearance (after the fact discover they are all left handed ones which is probably the reason they are on clearance). They were very excited about them and were ready to play hockey in the 99 degree weather with the humidity in the 80's (I believe that is what I last heard)I had broughten 4 of them, but thinking I will need to get a couple more. here is Jenny with hers. Monika and Katie didnt' question why Jenny also got a stick like theirs eventhough her birthday isn't until later. "LETS PLAY HOCKEY"
We told the girls to go into the backyard to get the soccer net so we would have a goal. When they ran back there, we got the bikes out of Dave's van and put them along the side of the van.
Monika getting ready to shoot
| Katie SCORED again DADDY!! |
| Jenny SCORED too. |
Dave kept hitting the balls over by the van, it took Katie 3 times before she realized what was there, this is her initially reaction.
Monika now discovering what Katie was screaming about.
| Katie on her new big |
| Monika on hers |
Katie trying out her new bike and said she can go a lot faster now
Monika's bike is a "boy's" bike, we couldn't find another bike that was in our price range that was different then Katie's bike. Monika didn't notice it.
The proud owners of new 20 inche bikes, upgrade from 16 inches bike.
| Monika |
| Katie |
Jenny wasn't ready to be done playing, so her and Dave played a little more hockey before they were dripping with sweat.
Erin: I picked her up Sunday night along with her friend from the deaf mission camp. She said she had a lot of fun, she mentioned matter in factly that there was a lot of talk about Jesus. That is a big step for her as she hasn't really wanted anything to do with God and Jesus because of what she was taught in China, so her not to be in a bad mood or complain about the weekend was a huge thing. When we were driving back to fairbult, she was telling me a little bit about the weekend and was using her voice. It sounded so cute. I was able to understand a couple of the words, the rest she was trying to say the words. She asked again about her hearing aides which I said she needed to wait until she got home. Got her to the dorm right befor lights out. Found out that she is in her own room. The first couple nights that she shared with two of her friends, there was a lot of issues going on (not listening, not going to bed on lights out, argueing). Erin said she was ok with being in a seperate room. I did explain to her again about following rules and that they may be different to what she is used to. She was very smiley and talkative. I told her that I missed her a lot while she been gone, she asked why and I told her why and also told her I miss our Saturday night when it just her and I movie night. She got a little shy and smiled. Before I left, I asked her if I could give her a hug, she said no to me, as much as I want to hug her, I didn't get upset and just said ok, have fun and I love you, she wasn't happy about me saying I love you to her, but she tolerated it. I hope she continues to have fun.

Happy Birthday Girls!!! They are all growing up so fast and beautiful.
ReplyDelete