The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, February 13, 2012

Throwing in the towel

Feeling like throwing in the towel
To just give up
To say it just doesn't matter anymore
no matter how hard I work
No matter how hard I try
I just can't do it
To lose the spark in your eyes
To not really care anymore.
Not understanding.
Please say a prayer for 
Erin.
She is struggling so hard with
learning English grammar
To remember how to spell words 
how to write a complete sentences.
Not understanding science very well
She is getting frustrated and when that happens
Her self esteem goes way down
she feels defeated, and no longer wants to try.
Once she hits that level,
it is hard to convince her anything else
like she is improving in math
she does know how to read words
that everyday she is improving
that she is smart and talented
It makes me feel so helpless, can see the pain in her 
and knowing that she has shut down
she went to bed a hour early and didn't say good night which is very usual for her to do that now
I talked to her for a little bit and she gave me a hint of a smile.
I love you Erin and you are an sensational daughter











2 comments:

  1. Praying for your sweet girl. I know it must be so frustrating for her, but she has come SO FAR! Hang in there girls, you'll get past this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, we love you for who you are, not for what you can do. Keep trying your best. Sometimes baby steps are all we can do until we are in the right place to take bigger ones.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete