The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Saturday, February 4, 2012

family love

My oldest brother lives down south where it is warmer and he is only an hour away from the ocean.  He, his wife Jan and their grandson came up the first weekend in Jan and stayed for 10 days.  We haven't been having the typical MN winter so their grandson didn't get to enjoy much of any snow and they enjoyed the mild weather.  
The weekend before they were to leave we had a dinner party at my house so that all of us could be together for an evening.  What an evening it was.  Lots of laughs and catching up.  The younger kids had a great time dotting over Deonta.  And Deonta was loving it.  Who wouldn't love 5 kids doting on you nonstop.

Jane, Kimmie and Cassie having some good laughing times and picking on each other.
Monika trying to teach Deonta to say some words, he is just over 3 years old and still learning to talk.
Deonta's 5 entertainers

Monka loving Deonta like no end

The little man.  And to think 3 years ago when he was born 3 months early and weighed just over a pound.  he has come so far.

The siblings.  

Jim, Cindy, Mike and I in birth order


No matter how much older my brothers are, I always getting the upper hand.
When I was growing up, my oldest brother is 10 years old then me and my other brother is 6 years older, they used to pick on me, and I learned at a young age if they didn't stop, I could pull their hair and run the other way and not get into trouble.  My brother Mike keeps his hair to short now, so I now have to go after his beard.
I am so grateful for the wonderful brothers and sister I have, we got along and we are always there for one another, it doesn't matter where we are.  I only wish My oldest brother lived a lot closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment