I didn't get a chance to blog on Tuesday. Tuesday was Valentine's Day.
I had a dear bloggy friend write about her take on Valentine's day
To them it is a money making day,
In their house everyday is Valentine's day as they show their love.
I really like what she wrote.
She really had good points...good job Christy
We show our love to each other every day and don't need a special day to do that
But, I did do the money part too for the girls.
I been working on this for over a month,
I shopped sales and clearance racks,
brought books from 1/2 price book store
and made my coupons (and this time made Erin some too), I got some things that they had pointed out to me in the past that they wanted. They got some similar things and some different things.
I had to work on Valentine's Day, so after they went to bed on Monday, I laid their things out on the table.
Fast forward to when the girls came home from school. Erin got home first, she didn't say anything to me right away about the stuff (the table was all cleaned off, each of the girls put their stuff away before they went to school), I asked her if she liked it, she said yes and then thanked me. The other 3 came home, and showered me with hugs and kids and thank yous. I then explain to Erin what those coupons were. She got some big smiles on some of them. She then gave me a hug, it wasn't a close or tight one, just leaned in and hug. A few minutes later, Dave stopped over and brought one candy bag for each girl and he even got me one. When he gave Erin hers, she smiled (and it looked appreciative and not forced) and thanked Dave. Now it was bedtime, Erin was in her sister's room, saying good night to all the girls. I decided to try hugging Erin and she let me do it, again it was brief, but she allow me. This was the first time I have made the attempt to hug her. Thank you so much Lord for continually giving me these moments.

Sue, what a sweet momma to have been shopping so long to make their day special. I am as excited as you are from the gifts from Erin showing her love right back! It's a process but you are well on your way to a snuggle bug!! Happy Everyday!!
ReplyDelete