Another beautiful day in Minnesota, the girls didn't even make it in the house after school. They got off the bus, threw their backpacks in the breeze way and went into the garage and started to dig things out. My battery on my camera went dead before I could take more pictures. I even worked in the yard a little bit, took our inflatable snowman down, try to shovel the mound of snow and spread it out a little bit to is would melt a little more. Looked at my tiger Asian flower garden and thought maybe I should start weeding it out, and then decide nope, that can wait, so I enjoyed time with my daughters as they play. Jade is on spring break and went up to my parents place for a few days, when I talked to her tonight, her and my dad went ice fishing and caught 11 Sunnies....Jade and my mom are playing hand and foot ( a type of card came) Both of them had one one game and playing the tie breaker when I called.
My previous post, I had written about ladybug settings. I had another one on Sunday night while playing hand and foot with the younger girls. This one flew and landed on the left side of my chest. So this morning after the girls got on the bus, I headed to the doctor office to have original physicals paperwork to be filled out again, only to find out that our doctor is gone until next Monday. Just another thing that could go wrong, now it is to the point where I am not surprised at any bumps in the road and have decided that the Lord is teaching me to have a lot more patience and tolerance. I thought I was pretty patience, but perhaps I need more to prepare for the changes when we bring Erin home. So I come home and go to bad (worked last night). While I having some beauty sleep, the phone rings, and it is our local police station, informing me that our request from last Friday is done and ready to pick up. FINALLY something went right and fast. So that was my ladybug on Saturday good news. So I have one ladybug left, hopefully papers this week from immigrations with our fingerprint appt. Tonight after the girls go to bed, I checked my email, and I had an email from the mother whose brought home her daughter from Erin's orphanage last summer ( I had written about her in a post previously), she had asked her daughter what she would have liked in a care package. The things she said was so simple. 3 things: toothpicks, cottonballs for ears, and plastic bracelets with a charm on it. Jade had brought up this past weekend on how would other kids feel if Erin all of sudden gotten things and not them, so we had decided that we would send some things over that she could share too. Another friend mention lip gloss, nail polish and so forth, so I think we have a good care package started, along with our personal things for her like pictures books, letter, posssible small quilt, and some other things. The Lord is giving us little presents as we wait for the next important step in bringing Erin home. Sometimes you just need to look for the small simple things. Thank you so much. The family that I had written in the previous post (that you could follow her link), they got their LOA today, so great.. and Congrats to you Jean, Jim, your 7 children home and 2 more that we will be home soon. The Lord is GRAND.

I'm glad you're finally getting some way of moving forward. It's hard enough to wait for a referral, but waiting for a waiting child is a complete nightmare. Here's hoping for many, many ladybugs in your near future!
ReplyDeletePortia: This by far is the hardest one yet. In June will be a year since we saw her. And the fact it not moving fast enough, but we will get her home
ReplyDelete