The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Here is a picture of Jade after she got home from Speech Wednesday night. Like her medal? Her school did awesome at sectionals. There were 13 different events, 3 winners in each which equals 39. Her school got 22 of the 39 awards. I believe there was 6-8 school involved in sectional. They had 9 first place winners out of 13, and 9 events they did a sweep. She will go to state towards the end of April. Again we are so proud of her, and so THANKFUL that she joined our family and that her family trust us with their daughter. I received an email from her mom a couple of days ago, and she thanked us for having Jade, and we are THANKFUL to them for letting us have her.
Close up shot of her medal

Tonight, Katie showed us that she could do this. Looks easy doesn't it? Well for Katie and myself it is, everyone else in the house, they can't do it. Some of them could get close, but couldn't quite get the knees on the floor. THANKFULLY no one got to sore from trying to do it although Dave heard a crack when he did. He is fine.
Dave picking on Jade, Jade trying to explain something, Jenny listening on and Monika is in the background trying to be noticed.
Jade showing off her skills, since she couldn't do the skill that Katie and I could do. Dave decided to make it a little harder by being under her, Katie and Jenny couldn't resist joining their Dad. (Monika was taking a bath).

I am THANKFUL for meeting a women through the internet that has a teenage daughter from Erin's orphanage. Her and I have been exchanging a lot of emails and she is giving me helpful advice on what things I should/could expect with Erin, also getting a glimpse on some of the things about the orphanage. This means so much to us as we have 13 years of her life that we don't know much about. Also THANKFUL for others people that have been there and done that with older adoption. The wealth of information I am receiving is wonderful

I am THANKFUL for being surrounded in Jesus love. Reminding me that he is always walking along with me.

I am THANKFUL for the truly amazing family I have, friends, supporters, prayer warriors, and every one that has crossed my path, to make my life a better life.

AND A HUGE THANKFUL TO SAINT PAUL CIS, We walked in there and asked if we could be fingerprinted today instead of the 12th of April, the gal thought for a second, said a couple of things (nice things) and said yep. Dave and I breeze thru it fast, Jade, they had to work a little more with her just because she is from China and here on a visa. I am not sure how long it takes to get the approval from USCIS, but at least we got this moving faster at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Jade and I have to ask, do your kids play Twister? If not, they're naturals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. China Dreams: We don't own a twister, but my mom does. 2 of my girls are in gymnastic and one of them are in dance. I think that helps, but Katie and I have long torso too, which I think is the key

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Jade, on her speech competition!
    I like how your family enjoys being together and knows how to have fun. It might sound simple, but not every family has that.
    I wonder if I could do that crazy position? Looks like something I'd try, but then I might injure myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete