The girls have been off from school now for just over a week, they were needing to get out of the house (Dad was home with them Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday), I was with them on Thursday and Friday. I wrote in the previous blog about what we did Thursday. So Friday I took them to the small waterpark and play area in Maple Grove. It was a nice time there as it wasn't busy at all. I was able to even read a little bit while they play. They played in the water for about 2 hours before deciding they wanted to do the tubes.
My parents came down Saturday night. My nephew was receiving his first communion and they knew the roads were going to be bad today (I had the pleasure driving on the roads at 5:30 in the morning when everything was still glare ice). Jenny is reading instructions to my dad and Katie. My dad gets to sleep in Jenny's bed, so the girls get to have a camp out in the playroom, which they love doing.
Erin has been in a very playful mood Saturday night and today. She isn't edgy anymore, has some natural smiles, trying to talk with the girls and being very tolerant to Dave and I even to the point that she might like us again. She still not voluntarily being physical affectionate but she is playing more. In the above picture her and Jenny are trying to dance to a Korean band (they are trying to copy their dances)
Monika is learning this song/dance for Gymnastic party this Tuesday. It is Miley Cyrus Hoedown/throwdown. This was the first night she has worked on it.
Friday night we met a family that adopted 3 years ago from China. Their daughter is also deaf. She is now 14 years old. Katherine contacted me through FB. My cousin (3rd or 4th ) wife daughter is really good friends with her. It was so nice to meet another family with a similar adoption story as us. Their daughter (the whole family is) is very sweet and beautiful. Erin enjoyed Katherine's company, but I don't think she really knew what to do part of the time. She wanted to be on the computer and at first they were showing each other their QQ accounts and then current pictures. Erin wanted to watch her Korean shows too and Katherine didn't have interest in it. I was a little surprised that Erin wasn't a chatter box with Katherine as she usually is when she finds someone that can sign really good. I am hoping they can meet again and we can hang out with Shelly and Mike (parents) along with Isiash and Sage (brothers). Towards the end of the night, Erin asked Shelly about how well she knows signs and Shelly commented about how she learned it and also how Katherine helps her. It was nice to have someone else who is deaf and has hearing parents say that. Erin didn't really react to it. I would have liked to have gotten a picture of the two of them, but with Erin's eyes she didn't want her picture taken, hopefully next time. It is amazing how God puts people in our lives and how lucky we are to find them. It was also nice to see how far Katherine has come and to know that it all works out. Erin doesn't have pink eye, but has a rash on her face. Dave took her to urgent care today and she was prescribed HC Cream for it. They went to Target to get it filled. While waiting, they did some shopping. Dave won't say "no" to her when she wants something, a lot of it is because he is trying to be on good terms with her. Just wait until she ask for something big. She even got Hello Kitty fake nails that her mother wouldn't let her have. And when I picked on her about it, she just smiled. She went to bed without saying good night to us (I didn't even know she went to bed until it was after 9 and she hadn't come out of her room). I keep telling myself take whatever positive you can out of the situation and go with that. So that is what I am going with.

Sounds like an overall good weekend. Glad you made it safely over the glare ice.
ReplyDelete