The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fun Fun Fun

I worked a 16 hour shift on Monday in exchange to be off on Tuesday which means I on a mini vacation until next Monday.  6 whole days with my family, can't be more thankful for that.  We found out Monday afternoon that Erin has strep.  That the itcy eyes, red rash on her face and the puffiness was all related to strep eventhough her throat didn't bother her, she didn't have a temp.  So now she is on medicine and feeling better especially since she got to wear mascara for the first time in a week.  Tuesday she had to stay home from school.  I had made plans with the girls to take them to the Mills City Museum.  Erin spend the day home with Dave.  This was our second time here.  Seeing it was a week day it wasn't busy at all, we could just hang out, take our time, play with things without having to feel rushed.
 We started off going on the 12 minute elevator ride that shows the different floors when it was a flour mill. 
 Jenny working hard to make me a wonderful soup.  She really like playing with this.
 Team working putting a floor puzzle together
 Jenny did one all by herself...Great Job Jenny

Today the 7 of us went to Mall of America for 7 hours.  We brought the younger 4 girls an unlimited ride pass, had coupons but found out there were expired when we got there.  So it was a little spendy, but the girls had a blast.  We paired them off, Katie and Erin and then Monika and Jenny.  We did it this way because Katie is tall enough to go on all rides.  They had a blast.  Monika and Jenny were a little disappointed that they couldn't go on all of them, but I think it helped that we split them so they weren't constantly reminded of that.  Monika was a lot braver with the rides now, then what she was before, but she still doesn't like the log shute.
Katie and Erin on Brain Surge, they were upside most of the time, I was surprise I got a picture of them since it moves fast.

Monika and Jenny in the jumper

We didn't have an appointment with Santa today, but discover they had appointments available.  There are two different ones, this one spends about 10-15 minutes with you, talks with you and so forth.  Erin had no intentions to see Santa, while we were waiting she went asked each of the younger girls if they like Santa, they all said yes, she then asked Jade and Jade said yes....THANK YOU JADE......Erin then asked if Jade was going to sit in the picture, and Jade said yes.  I couldn't thank her enough.  So our time comes, Jade guides Erin over to the chair while the girls sit on the floor.  Erin didn't look to thrilled at all.  He did ask her what she wanted and I signed to her.  She said camera, I don't think she really understood the Santa thing eventhough she seen it in movie.

I think it turned out pretty good.

Monika knows there isn't a real santa and has known this since she was about 3...she figured it out on her own, but asked if she can still "believe" in Santa, I have always said yes.  I have always enjoyed the Christmas holiday.  Not just Jesus birthday, but from Thanksgiving night, when we start planning our Friday traditional shopping day, to the gatherings, concerts, Jesus birthday and finishing it at my parent's place.  I have taught my kids that there are many things associated with Christmas, the first and foremost and most important is Jesus birthday.  But the spirit of Christmas can include many things which includes Santa. 

Once we finished with the mall and came home.  Dave and Jade went out running around while the girls and I watched Santa Clause 2 with my parents.  We are doing a different sleepover tonight.  When my parents visit, my mom sleeps in Dave's office on the couch, and my dad sleeps in Jenny's bed.  The girls then usually do a sleepover in their playroom.  This time they are in our room, Jenny choose the floor, Monika and Katie choose the bed.  Dave will sleep on the cot in our room and I will share the bed with the girls.

Once the girls were in bed, Erin challenged me to the Wii.  We had lots of fun and now her and Jade are playing, which is nice as she doesn't get much of a chance with Jade.  And there is always that language barrier. 

As we are on the eve of Thanksgiving, I reflect how much I have to be thankful for, along with my family, friends, and everyone else that has been part of my life past, present and future, I am most thankful for Jesus.  He never allows me to feel alone, he never gives me more then what I can handle (eventhough some days I wonder if I have more then I can handle), he guides me even if I don't always take his guidance, he never strays from me.  I try to live my life the way he wants me to, I may not always succeed, but knowing he there with me gives me the ability to handle anything that comes in my pathway.  Thank you Jesus

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Sue! Hope you have a wonderful holiday,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Erin's feeling better. It looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun! I love the picture of the girls with Santa. So cute! I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving and are blessed many times over! I'm thankful that we met you guys in China.

    ReplyDelete