Well Today was a terrific Tuesday. Yes you read it right...we made it through the whole day with only a couple minor dirty looks and no sassying from any child, mainly Erin. Dave got Erin up and ready for school, Erin needed a bandaid and Dave didn't know that sign (I don't even know it), she managed to get it across what she was trying to ask for without getting mad at him. He picked her up after basketball practice, she was ok with him. We got home for supper and she didn't eat the same thing we did, but she was being very nice about asking for things and saying thank you. We did homework together without any problems and needed Dave's help twice. She even asked Dave he would take her to the "Chinese Store" on Friday, he told her he would take her on Thursday to one near her school (we never been to that one). She was fine with that. She was playful and walked the thin line. We allow our kids to have fun and so forth, but there is always a time and place for it. Erin was a little playful at the table, but I held my hands and waited it out, she didn't get to the point of being disrupted or anything, but I would have normally said something. There was a couple of other things that we walked on a thin line, but it was all controlled on its own,. She is doing a little better with the hugging eventhough no hugs for Dave.
Erin playfulness is a lot different then the playfulness that I am used to. I am learning this week, to allow her to be playful and to watch her closely to make sure that it is appropriate and not going to get out of hand, which tonight it didn't. She seems more calmer today also. Lets hope we will be good for awhile as I know that we will have another meltdown in the future.
I am so thankful for the good night, Thank you Lord.
And tonight Erin had strawberry milk and a orange for dessert.
11 months ago

I'm glad you had a good day! You've been through so much, I'm sure it was good to have a break and just enjoy an evening of nothing rough.
ReplyDeleteKeep hanging in there. Soon, the good days will outnumber the hard ones.
Showing that unconditional love, with the right amount of firmness. You're doing a great job!
Always have to celebrate the good times. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteGreat!
ReplyDelete