Jenny asked to make pumpkin pie when we brought pumpkins for Halloween so here she is beating the eggs
Mixing in the sugar and spices
adding the evaporating milk
| pouring the mixture into the crust |
Watching it cook
All done and it tasted wonderful.
Today marks two months since we met Erin in person. It amazes me that it has only been two months, it seems so much longer then that. She has comes so far in such a short period. She is keeping me on my tip toes as much as possible. She changes her mind about her likes and dislikes so frequently that I never know what to expect from her, I have been reassured that she is being a little bit like a typical teenager. Last night we went to a friends of ours fundraiser, they are trying to raise money to bring home their daughter from China who will turn 2 on Tuesday. They did awesome job and had a dj. Erin went with without complaining. She hung out for a little bit with me until her sisters convinced her to go with them to dance. And when she got into it, there was no stopping her. She said she had a lot of fun and complained today of her arms being a little sore from Dance. I had brought my camera with but batteries were dead, so I have to wait for my friends to email me the pictures. Erin cleaned the kitchen today including putting the dishes away all on her own without no one telling her to. She also helped me raked the yard on Friday. She almost always helps when asked but doesn't initiate it, so when I came home today and saw a clean kitchen I thought Dave did it, and he said nope, Erin did. I thank her and had a huge smile on my face. You could tell that it made her feel good. We take 2 steps forward and 1 step backwards almost every day, but at least we move more forward then backwards and that what I focus on. Today is also National Orphan Day and am happy to say I have 4 daughters (Jade has her biological family too) that are no longer Orphans. I Thank God everyday for giving me 5 daughters and will continue to pray for all the orphans that don't have a forever family. I held a little 4 month old baby last night and oh it felt so natural, I don't know what God has in store for me, but I will continue to live day to day to the best I can and help as much as possible.


I love Erin's picture! She's so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteOh that makes me want pumpkin pie! Great job, Jenny! Cute picture of her with the pie, and she looks so proud.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great picture of Erin. She looks so pretty! That's great that she cleaned the kitchen all on her own and raked leaves with you. I love hearing about her progress. I always enjoy your attitude as well.
I'll send them today when I get home. I'm at my mom's right now. So sorry, I totally forgot. I have a video of her dancing up a storm too. That was so fun to see her having such a good time. Her picture is beautiful.
ReplyDelete