The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, January 17, 2011

Magnificent Monday

Martin Luther King, He is someone I would have like to meet, along with Rosa Park.  Jenny asked about the significant of this holiday.  Monika was quick and started to explain who he is and about "I have a dream" speech.  Jenny was quite puzzled on why whites didn't like blacks and so forth.  Katie piped in and said I like every color there is.  It what matters inside.  So true.  Today the girls and I went sledding with Cassie and Koudai
Erin holding onto Cassie for dear life, Erin enjoyed for about 1/2 hour before she got cold (she still doesn't want winter boots or warmer socks and I don't push it with her.


Katie and I

Jenny cruzed in this slide really well

Jenny and Koudai having a "on your butt" race down the hill...Jenny won

Koudai getting ready to launch us all.
Monika going down the hill, a lot of the time the slides would turn and they would go down backwards.

After sliding for a little bit, we headed of KFC for some lunch.  Erin was very talkative with us and eating a little bit out of her comforter zone.  Cassie and Koudai came back to the house with us and hung out.  Erin did some playing on the computer and learned some new things, she engaged more and made a huge step.  She put her outdoor jacket and snow pants in the same closet as our stuff.  She keeps (her toothbrush clothes, jackets, etc) in ther room, so to hang it up in the closet with the rest of our stuff, that is a huge deal.

For supper I got to have homemade dumplings made by Cassie and Koudai, then spent the evening playing skipbo with Jenny while Monika and Katie were at gymnastics.  Erin even liked them, we did tell a white lie to her and said the meat in the dumplings were cow when it really was pork.  Erin won't touch nothing that is pork because she feels it will make her fat.  Erin is sharing more smiles now and some spontantous laughter with us, she appears to be understanding things better, this past week, we had some situations and I thought things were going to get bad, but she kept herself in control.  She got upset, but she didn't get destructive or anything.  She appears to be more accepting of things.  She also had her first sleep over at a friends house and really enjoyed it. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment