Sorry
What a powerful word
and a very difficult
one to say for
Erin.
But she did it tonight. She told her Dad she was sorry for her behavior last Tuesday.
Erin has not been really wanting to say sorry to Dave for what happen last Tuesday. She wasn't being mean about it, she just wasn't ready. Erin and I have been having a great week and some great bonding time last Saturday as we watched scary movies together. She even touched my nose when I said it was cold. Erin doesn't like to give us any type of affection, so that was a big step for her. We had a meeting at school today for Erin, it was with our school district and her school. I learned a lot from what the teachers were saying and it will help me to be a better mom and teacher to Erin. Erin was present, I was nervous about this, because back in November, when we attend the teacher conference, that is when we had the 1st horrible weekend where there was some bonding broken. She did really good and seemed to understand that we were working as a team and that we want the best for her and so forth. When we got home, Erin offer to make supper for us, which I gladly accepted. She then asked me to help her study her 5 spelling words, I only knew signs for two of them, she was very willing to show me what the other 3 signs were. The words were "add" "sum" "equal" "difference" and "subtract", we practiced the words for about 10 minutes and she is able to spell them all. We also did some flash card and she even quizzed me on it. We shared some laughs. Dave brought Monika home from Gymnastic, when Erin saw him, she got very quiet. He was sitting in the living room and Erin motioned me into the hallway and was acting nervous, she told me to say sorry to dad for her and I said no, she needed to. She wanted to know what she needed to say, and I said "Dad Sorry" she asked if she could just say "sorry", I said yep. I got Dave's attention, he looked at her and she smiled and said "Sorry". The smile on Dave's face was priceless, she then went to her room. He brought her door back, gave the camera back. After the door was on, I told her good job and that I was proud of her. She got shy.
I am so thankful to the Lord for this, I truly feel that she is starting to realize what is family, it might only be a little bit, but it is something.
Tuesday her coach is going to talk to her. She is suppose to be going to California for 5 days for basketball tournment. Last Thursday she told me she isn't going now. Her coach feels it because she was getting fustrated that she can't shoot a basket. She is a great defense player (their team is undefeated), and they have been working with her to shoot baskets, but she hasn't been successful getting one in. I have only talked with Erin a little bit about it and am praying her coach will be very successful with her. This would be a great learning trip for her.
GOD IS GREAT!!!!

Such an uplifting post to read....I'm just thrilled for you all. Time is a great healer and some of us need more time than others....
ReplyDeleteJulie & FAmily
What wonderful strides your girl is making! I know that you all have been amazing parents to a grieving girl and it's so exciting to see her open up!
ReplyDeleteWhat great news, Sue. Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteRuby
Awesome!
ReplyDeletethat's awesome Sue!!! I had tears thinking of how your husband must have felt. praying that it continues to go uphill
ReplyDeleteLiz
Thanks for sharing. Saying the word "sorry" made me jump for joy for you and Dave.
ReplyDeleteAwesome news!! I can picture Dave's priceless smiile on his face. I have goosebumps. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great moment. All the perserverence and hard work and LOVE on everyone's part is paying off. May it be the beginning of more. So happy for you all.
ReplyDelete