Are you balanced in your life?
I attended a new church today.
This church is not a traditional church.
I was born, raised and still am Catholic.
Lately I haven't been happy with my church.
I haven't felt spiritually good after mass at my churches.
I felt I was learning more about God and my relationship with him reading the bible on my own.
I was searching for a church that would show Erin how wonderful God and Jesus is.
A church that had a strong teen group that had deaf kids in it.
A church that made me motivated to better serve God.
A church that will help me in all areas in my life.
My brother started going to this church 3 weeks ago and was amazed by it.
He encouraged me to go.
What an experience it was for me today, I am still thinking about it,
First impressions are usually lasting ones right?
Walked into the "gathering" area and see people buying coffee/drinks and cookies, which they could bring into worship.
They start worship with very upbeat and lively Christian music with large screens with lyrics to it. The music is played by a band on stage. I was feeling very uplifted.
The pastor then talks about the 3rd part of 4 part series about Balance and money.
I felt this was more of a motivational sermon.
I was amazed how they incorporate money with the bible,
how you need to be balanced in every aspect of your life including money to be
balanced with God.
This pastor talked about the current lifestyles of most people and used many examples and show us how the bible states things.
As I write this, It doesn't do justice in what I felt when the sermon was finished. I felt
uplifted, energized, really hearing God's words, learning a new way to read and understand what the scriptures are saying.
A challenge the pastor gave last week was not spending money except for the absolute neccasary (mortgage, food, gas, etc). I have been on this challenge, It has been hard, but also very rewarding. Not spending money and still living just fine. God gives me what I need each day to serve him and to live, I just have to believe that each morning.
It is now 12 hours later since I attended this sermon, and I am still thinking about it.
Lasting impression?
Yes.
I feel this is what I need, now have to see if it for the girls (heard they have a wonderful Children ministries too.
This church post their sermons on their website so if you miss one or want to listen again, you can.
If you are interested hearing about it, here is the link www.crossroadschurch.cc/balanced


Hi Sue,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found a church you like. I've heard that Crossroads is a great place!
This is great news! I hope you will keep attending this church or any that helps you to continue to progress in your relationship with the Lord.
ReplyDeleteThe way the worship music is done, with the band and screens sounds like how ours is. It's always good!