This weekend, Erin experience her first basketball tournment. She wasn't thrill about the fact she was playing 3 games in two days. The first game was early in the morning on Saturday. They are an awesome defense team, I had people (opposing team fans) at all 3 games tell me how amazed they were how well defensively they play. We have very good shooters too, but they just couldn't get enough baskets to win the first game (don't help with the fact that it seems the opposing girls are way taller then Erin's team). We have a couple tall girls, otherwise the rest of them are average height. Erin got beat up out there when she played, and she didn't like that to well. She complained about it on the way home, but by the time we got home, she appeared to be ok. When it was time to leave, she started with the attitude and even dirty looks at me. I had to restrain myself not to take it personally. I knew I hadn't done anything wrong except telling her it was time to go again. Erin was plain old Crabby and I let it go instead of taking it personally or trying to talk to much to Erin. She asked me if she could come home right after the game instead of going to Katie's and Jenny's adoption group, which I said was fine. The drive to the game, I could feel myself getting worked up over on the way Erin was acting in general and including towards me, but I kept saying, I didn't do anything wrong and she is crabby because of having to play another game when she was tired, being mad at the other team that was in her eyes being to rough with her. I told Erin that was fine and arranged to have her coach bring her home. When we got home from our party, Erin was in a good mood again (probably helps that they won their second game).
Katie and Alex playing together. Alex is the youngest one in the adoption group. she was adopted at 9 months old. Katie and Alex have always enjoyed being with one another.
Both Katie and Alex were doing this. This one is Katie.
Adoption group minus 3 kids. The boy and my two girls are adopted from Different orphanages.
Last night, after we got the girls to bed, Erin and I sat down and watched Child's play 3 that Dave was nice enough to get for Erin (he showed it to her on Friday and she said she wanted to watch it). I was looking at a picture from basketball, when Erin asked to see the picture, I handed over the laptop to her. She then saw IM and clicked on the one that was open which was Dave's. She said "Hi" to him and he responded back with a Hi, then she just typed some random letters, He turned around and asked her a couple of questions (I read the questions to her). Dave then asked what I felt was a very dangerous question: "Do you want me to come to your game tomorrow?" I feel he was setting himself up for disappointment as we know how she feels towards him. So I tell her what he said, she said I don't know, it doesn't matter....ok that is better then a "no", so I said tell dad "Yes" or "No", she typed back "Yes". Praise the Lord. Fast forward to today game. The girls got beaten, after the game, all of us were standing around, Erin didn't acknowledge us, went to another family and then out of the hallway and left us standing there. This got me upset as I thought we were ok, then Dave said it is because I am here. So we waited for her to come back into the gym, she didn't, I am now irritated, we walk out and I pretty much ignored Erin and walked past her. Erin started to walk along the side of me and asked me what is wrong, I start to explain to her what I was upset with. She kep saying I didn't see you, which I find hard to believe as there was 5 of there, standing in front row and where we have been the whole time (even before the game started). So Dave takes the younger girls to BK for lunch (we had planned this already), and was with me in the van. Once we got in the van, I told her I was mad at her and so forth, she got right back at me and was saying why, so when I was explaining to her that it wasn't nice to ignore us like that, she kept saying I wasnt', I didn't see you, I was saying how couldn't you see us and so forth. After a minute of us agruing she said she was sorry, I said I was sorry and then she changed the subject and was fine, and she has been fine ever since then. Praise the Lord Again, as we were both able to say sorry before any bad things or hurtful things were said and the fact that Erin said it to me 1st was huge. Erin chose not to go rollerskating with the family, so Dave brought her home. While we were rollerskating, ERin cleaned the kitched and the living. She has been doing a lot a cleaning up and helping out.

Very nice :-)
ReplyDeleteRuby