The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Who needs a mom?


Erin?
Jenny?

Katie?

Monika?

Jade?

The past week and 1/2, I have been questioned by Erin on doing things for her little sisters (and her even though she doesn't want to admit to it).  Almost everything she has seen me do for the girls, she will say let them do it, when I was 7 and 8 and 9 I was doing it on my own.  I patiently would explain to her that this is what a mom does and I help you too, and then she will drop it.  Tonight both of us are crabby.  She was crabby before the basketball playoff game and crabbier after losing that game.  I was crabby because she acted crabby to me before the game "typical teenager moment right?"  and I haven't been sleeping to well since having a "window peeper" Saturday night, so my tireness probably didn't help.  I was getting the dirty clothes from the younger girls room, when Erin informed me again that when she was that age she did her own washing of clothes and I should let the girls do it.  I once again not so patiently explained to Erin that this is what "moms" do and told her that I help her, I put her wash in the dryer if I happen to be in the laundry room, that I have carried up her laundry and so forth, she said that because you just do it.  I said yep because I am your mom and that is one of the many things I do.  She again said well in China I did it all on my own and my sisters should do it to.  I said, in China you didn't have a mom to love you and take care of these things for you.  She just stared at me and turned around and went into the bathroom.  She came out and asked me if I was mad, I said no, but that I was crabby like her tonight.  She asked me why I was crabby, and I said because you have been complaining these last couple of weeks everytime I do something for your sisters, and she said I did it all when I was their age, I said, "in China you didn't have a mom and here you do", she stared at me, didn't say anything.  Jenny then came into the room and interrupted us and the moment was gone.  I am not sure why Erin is questioning so much in what I do, I continue to look for wisdom and pray for guidance.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for guidance for you as well. I think you did a GREAT job despite being crabby!! Letting her be told and re-told that Mommy's take care of little girls is a wonderful teaching moment!

    ReplyDelete