The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ever feel this way?

Some days I think I could fall asleep anywhere.
This past week and half I been tiring easily eventhough I getting the same amount of sleep.

Erin asked me if I would adopt again, she informed me she would like a sister around her age too, that Monika, Katie and Jenny are all around the same age and she wants a sister that she can share her room with and is around her age and deaf.  I asked if she wanted to have one of her sisters move into her room, she said no, she wants someone closer to her age.  I had asked her what is wrong with her younger sisters, and she told me that she can't talk to them about a lot of things because they are to young.  I had thought about (before Erin asked for another sister) having an exchange student again.  Jade was an awesome exchange student that became our daughter and is now doing wonderful at college 1 hour away.  I had thought Erin would enjoy having another teen in the house, so I have been putting some feelers out to some of the exchange companies, so far, I don't have anyone that is aware of a deaf chinese student to come to America.  I thought a deaf one would be a new experience, but also help with the signing in the house with everyone.  I have been talking to God a lot and know if it is right, he will let me know. 
I have also decided that I am going to start attend the church I had mentioned before.  I have been doing some research on the church and thinking Erin will enjoy some of the things they have to offer for teens and there are deaf teens (one of them a boy from her school) that go to some of the things.  This will give Erin some positive influence and learn about God in a fun way which I pray will open her heart to him.

3 comments:

  1. I will pry that you can find the right exchange student to fit your family like Jade did. I know the Lord will provide your strength when you are weary, and that you will find renewed excitement in your faith as you attend your new church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray God shows you which direction to take. Our church seems similar to the one you attended recently. A lot of involvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot that I could comment on your blog!! That sounds like it could be a good plan! Praying He will lead you either way, and praying you get some good rest.

    ReplyDelete