The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Twisted up

The girls played some serious twister this afternoon.  Poor Jenny hard a hard time stretching from one side to the other side.  Monika who is the most flexiable one was usually the first one out.

 Monika is in the blue jeans doing the splits
katie being all arms and legs had no problems reaching from one end to the other.

 My dad suprised the girls and came down to visit (my mom had come down earlier in the day, my dad caughter a ride with a friend who was coming down)  My dad was doing the spinning until Monika lost in twister...perhaps she would "fall" on purpose, so she can be with Grandpa....cleaver girl....
Today Erin asked to make a white cake with me.  I was caught off guard with this.  I didn't have any, so I explained to her that I will go to the story and get some.  When we got home after setting up for the FCA CNY festival, the girls started to play twister and I was initially the spinner, Erin grabe the cake mix and started to make it, luckly my mom was around, so I was able to help Erin.  It was great that she asked me to make a cake with her.  Praised the Lord for that moment.

Erin has been doing great these past couple of weeks on so many different levels, yet on other levels, it really makes me wonder.  I truly feel she has bonded with me, she looks at me for approval, she freely talks to me about things, she helps around the house, she asking a lot of questions about day to day things, she smiling more, she more relaxed, she more open minded, more calm, allows me to talk and explain things before making up her mind, no name calling or being destructive when she doesn't like hearing or doing something she doesn't want to do, saying please and thank you a lot more, hardly dirty looks unless she really dislikes something (and it appropriate to give a dirty look),she asking me to help or do things with her, she is showing more and more of her personality which is such a sweet loving, and funny girl and I am so grateful, as I have prayed many nights and days for this to come.  But she still won't say "good night" or "good morning" or "hello", her version is a nod of the head, she still doesn't allow hugs or affection from me, she is better about her sisters, depending on her mood, and if I say "I love you" she shakes her head no or turns away.  She will brush up along the side of me, but if I do it to her, she moves away.  She has been with us now for 5 1/2 months, as I know it takes a long time, it is hard to sit back and know that I can't love her completely on her terms yet, that as I continue to enjoy our relationship that we have right now, I wanting more, I want to shower her with the kind of love I give her sisters.  As I continue to look for guidance and strength from Jesus, I will continue to count my blessings with where Erin and I relationship is.

2 comments:

  1. Sue, WOW, what advances ERin has made!!! I always look back and read my last posts when I wish we are further along- I bet you will be even more encouraged when you see how fast she has turned this corner, and I bet it will be hugs and kisses SOON! How exciting that she wanted to make a cake with her momma!!! I will continue to pray that Erin will make even more strides in the snuggle department!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I look on from the outside, I see such awesome progress. Considering what you've been through, it must feel great to see the positive progress.
    As her mom, I'm sure you can't wait to show her affection and receive it back. I know it will happen. It will be very sweet and worth the wait, just like she was. :)

    ReplyDelete