The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Friday, February 25, 2011

Love

What does Love mean to you?
"I love you" in Sign Language
This hand gestures is just as strong as voicing "I Love You"

 There can be many ways to Love
Sometimes the word Love is over used, peope including me will say...oh I love that....I love this type of food, I love my......
There is many different kinds of Love.
My beautiful, sweet teenage daughter doesn't know what Love means, the true meaning of Love. I have been slowing showing her love, but she doesn't see it that way.  She feels love has to do with sex and she is so stubborn that she can't see that isn't true.  When using examples of caring and loving, she disagree with me saying no.  When I tell her how she is showing her family Love, she will say no, it just something we do.  She has a picture that she wrote "LOVE YOONA".  Yoona is a Korean singer in an Korean band.  I asked her why she loved Yoona, she told me because she is beautiful and a good singer.  I went with that and try to use that as an example and then brought the emotion of love, she right away closed down.  At one point she started to cry, I continue to tell her I Loved her.  She doesn't care to hear that.  This morning she informed me that I was picking on her last night and made her cry, I said I wasn't picking on you, I am trying to understand some things (I am trying to understand why she puts all men and boys in the same boat about not liking them, then the talked changed to love), and again told her that I loved her and was trying to keep her safe (another whole story about keeping her safe).  It breaks my heart that she just doesn't understand what love is, that she feels any love between a man and women is related to sex, and if it is between two girls, it is ok because it is girls, but she can't explain what it means to be loved, and when I try to explain it, she says I am lying to her and that it isn't true and I just talking.  My precious, the day you realize you are so loved and that you also give love will be a wonderful day.  Please pray for Erin as she learns about what the true mean and feeling of love is and also pray for our family to remain safe in our home.

4 comments:

  1. Have you read the book, "Silent Tears"? I just started reading it, and it is VERY insightful on what these sweetie's lives may have looked like before us. It has helped me relate better to Sofia and not to be frustrated as she too learns to love us and not everyone...

    Two opposite responses to the hard lives they have lived, and yet one God has chosen us to show them His LOVE. What an honor.

    Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hadibi mohamed amineJune 22, 2011 at 8:01 AM

    i agree with you and so am i trying to give this way of thinking and i fond that you are right and i wont to told you thank you for that god bless you ......

    ReplyDelete