11 months ago
Monday, May 16, 2011
Feeling Lost
Tonight the girls and I went on a 10 mile or so bike ride. During the bike ride, my phone was ejected out of my pants pocket without me knowing about it. We went home the same way we came and didn't find it. When we got home, there was a message from Dave saying someone called him and said she found my phone and was going to go work out at the local gym and he could pick it up there. I am so grateful there are still good honest strangers out there that take the time to do a good deed. I know there are many people that do good deeds, this deed is a small deed, and I am so grateful. I felt lost without it, not because I needed to talk on the phone, not that I was afraid of missing a call. I felt lost without it for safety reasons. I am out biking with 4 kids, what do I do if one of us got hurt or our bike broke (my already did this spring and stranded me), I can't afford to buy a new phone, what happen if Erin needed to get ahold of me thru VP or her school (as they call only my cell phone). I was nervous, I was scared and was trying to figure out how I was going to get a new phone. Yet 20 years ago, we didn't have cell phones and you just went out and had fun. Didn't think I would be so happy to see my precious phone. My phone is simple, no texting or apps on it, no games....is serves as a phonebook and to call people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment