Last Monday and Tuesday, the girls were off from school and Dave had them. He showed them a fun game of throwing the ball on the roof and catching it. It was a blustering hot and humid day, the first of the year and short lived for that one day.
Sometimes God gives you little signs or warns you of something coming whether good or bad. Sometimes if you don't listen to those signs or warnings, you miss the chance of something important or a more serious incident could be happening. Tuesday was one of those times when God was giving both a good sign and a warning, telling you need to listen otherwise next time it will be so much worse or even fatal. Monday night Erin and I had a disagreement, I became upset with an action that she did, that I didn't agree it, When trying to explain to her that it was not nice and it was mean, she said "that right, I am mean" The more I tried to explain to her that no you are not mean, that action was mean, she was no longer listening to me, but focus on the negative word "mean", "bad", "not nice" and saying she was agreeing with me that she was each of those. I kept telling her she was a great person and it was this one example. Finally I knew I wasn't going to get through to her, so I told her to go to bed. She listen. I didn't like us going to bed that way, but knew it would be best to stop the conversation at that time. Tuesday Erin got home from school and said "I am sorry about last night" I told her thank you and that I was sorry about last night too. I am very proud of Erin for doing that all on her own and doing it as soon as she saw me (she didn't see me Tuesday morning as I had to work).
Another person that is close to me also received a warning from God, this warning was huge and gave this person a second chance, if he wanted to listen to it. He choosed to listen. I am not yet 40 years old, although in a few weeks that will change. This person who is younger then me was having some chest pains and knew it was more major. He went to the hostipal and discovered that he was having a heart attack. That he was lucky he got there when he did as they were able to put stents in and before he suffered much heart damage. When I found this out, it stops me in my tracks, after I said my prayer to God, I started to think do I have all my ducks in a row? Many times since I work in the health care with my residents being the elderly, I have seen many deaths, but when it is someone young and knowing they could have died if they didn't listen to God giving him this sign, it makes you to really think things through especially young children. I do pray for him to have full recovery and that he can take this as a warning to improve you life style other wise the next time you won't be this lucky. When talking to Katie about it, she asked if they saw Jesus, when I didn't understand what she meant, Monika said "did they see Jesus in his heart because everyone said Jesus is in your heart". Yes girls, Jesus is in his heart and yours too.
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment