![]() |
| My youngest with those mischievous eyes |
![]() |
| The middle youngest with her radiant smile |
![]() |
| The middle one with her dancing eyes |
She is needing prayer right now to help her with her struggling with her feelings.
She is so loved by so many people. She is such a wonderful daughter.
Tuesday night we had our first major meltdown. The short version (or at least I hope I keep it short), I had to do 1:1 for 3 hours including taking hits from her, hugging/restraining for over 1/2 hour and take on listening to a lot of hurtful thing to me, changing the content of what I said, blaming me, trying to put on the guilt trip on me and trying so hard to get a reaction out of me. Yet she never cried. The honeymoon is over for her. Couldn't get her to tell me why she was saying the things she was saying. She went to bed not in the best of mood.
This morning I got her up, kept things light hearted with her. 5 minutes before having to leave with Monika for the ortho appointment (which she has to get partial braces in 6 months), Erin asked if I could put 5 braided in her hair....Normally I would have said no seeing that I was leaving, but considering what all happen last night, I decided I needed to do it. She thanked me. After school today she bowled (thru the school) when Dave picked her up she wanted money for French Fries, Dave informed her that supper was waiting at home. She got mad.. She wasn't in much better mood at supper and then went to sign language classes she had a major attitude develop and was removed by me and brought to the van where we hung out for 35 minutes while Dave finished the class.
when we got home more things were said by her, as she tries to deal with what bothering her. She can't tell me and said she doesn't know what it is bothering her. We have been home for 5 weeks and things have been pretty close to smooth sailing..She has had some moodiness and talking back, but that is nothing compared to what we are going thru right now. During the whole time these past two days, there was an Angel with me and God was there too. I remained calm during the whole 3 hours on Tuesday and then today, I didn't let her words affect me and I kept telling her that she was my daughter and I loved her, even when she was saying the hurtful words. I am so grateful for everyone who game me advice before we adopted Erin and for who wrote on their blog about older kids, it helped me so much to remain calm and not feed into her emotions. And to remember to keep telling her she is my daughter and I love you. Erin, it will get better just hang in there baby. And God and my guardian Angel thank you for helping me to stay strong for Erin and helping me confort her. I made a collage for her before this inciden't happen of 30 pictures from when we were in China. I was going to surprise her today with it on her wall, but decided not to because I felt with what happen last evening and this evening, I didn't want to send her mixed message and have her think I did this out of guilt or something. She has been grounded off the computer for a few days.




Dear Sue & Family,
ReplyDeleteA wise friend of mine once said to me "Be grateful for the meltdowns and the acting out because it is a sign that there are real emotions at play and that she is attaching. She is wanting your attention whether it be good or bad behaviour." We are saying a little prayer for you all. You sound like you are doing such a wonderful job in reassuring her of your families love.
We are only a phone call away and if you think Dandan speaking to Erin could be of any help, please know this is on offer. We don't have skype set up yet but they could talk the old fashioned way...lol
Thinking of you
Jules & Family
Hi Sue - the school pictures are adorable. You have beautiful daughters! I'm praying that God continues to guide you and give you wisdom and praying for Erin too.
ReplyDeleteYou are the strong one:)
ReplyDeleteIt's so frustrating for all involved when you can't have a conversation, but it does get better and better as the language comes and they see they can let go of the hurts and let you help them heal. Everyone hits the meltdown stage at some point and it is actually good since she knows now you aren't leaving her no matter what:) Hang tough momma, you are doing GREAT!
Sounds like you are handling this tough time well. I admire how strong you are. Hang in there. She's very blessed to have you for her mom. :)
ReplyDeleteJust stay the course. All my best.
ReplyDeleteRuby
Your girls are beautiful. You and Dave are handling situations as they occur with great admiration.
ReplyDelete