The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Do you love her just as much?

Cool Chick

determination

Jumping in the wind

I can jump high too.


Jade singing her heart and soul out.

Monika a little worn out
This afternoon, we spent the day at Jade's college.  The leaves are turning their beautiful multiple shades of color.  We got to listen to the music department put on a wonderfu show.  It lasted for about 1 1/2 hour, I didn't realize it was going to be that long.  Once it was done, I had one ornery teenager that was just plan fed up and she let me know but giving her trademark "crabby", "sassy" look and body language.  I told her I was sorry for the long concert, but she needed to stop otherwise she can loose the computer tonight when we get home.  She "loves" the computer now that Jade showed her how to get on QQ and so forth.  We went and got something to eat, and I sat next to her and asked her if she was in a better mood, she said she was hungry and tired, but she started to talk and perk up.  I can image that it was difficult for her to sit through all of that, and only get to watch Jade for approx. 15 minutes, she was probably feeling very left out, I can relate to her on a small level as I have experience many incidences where I couldn't catch what was being said or understand what the words are, but not to hear it all and to sit patiently for 1 1/2 hours, she had every reason to be crabby.  Dave, Jade and I order a taco pizza, 2 little girls order personal pizza and the other 2 order spaggetti with sauce on the side.  We also ordered Erin french fries in case she didn't like the spaggetti.  We lucked out and she liked both of them.  She also decided on her own terms try the crust on my pizza and liked it, so this was her first time eating bread, so we are moving up the food chain and broaden out our food choices.  It is hard to believe we have only had Erin with us for 4 weeks, it feels so much longer then that.

I was recently asked by a friend of my, "Do you love Erin as much as you love your other girls?", this friend was asking just because she is my friend and knows I will be truthful to her.  The answer, No, I don't love Erin as much as I love my other girls.  The love for Erin is growning slowly each day.  I do Love her, I will run thru a burning building to save her, I will sacfrice my health, body and life for her.  But the depth of my love is far differently.  Erin is depended on me/us for a lot of things, but she also is very independent.  So as each day comes and goes, my love for Erin goes stronger.  With Monika came to us she was 10 months old, she was very dependent on us and we could hold, cuddly and all that, your love grows so much and fast.  When Katie and Jenny came to us, they were 2 years old, they still needed so much from us and a lot of holding and cuddling.  Erin she doesn't require all the hugging and holding and so forth, we do show her affection as she does to us (she gave Dave a hug tonight).  She likes to cook (she said in the orphanage she and her friends cook a lot and the teacher also showed them how to cook).  As we get to know Erin better, the love grows.  Love isn't a on or off switch, it is something that you have to watch and nuture it to grow and each day the love will grow.

4 comments:

  1. Great post- you are so right! It grows with time! I love the process- I love seeing it grow both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the photos of the girls. That one of Jenny is so cute and she has some rockin' style. ;)

    Wow, those pictures of the girls jumping are cool. You caught them just perfectly.

    What you wrote is really, really nice. I understand what you mean about love growing. It just can't happen instantly with adoption.It's really different and special to watch it happen, and experience it as it grows. Very rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sue! I don't know if you remember me. I know we've met a couple of times at Crossroads events or in the adoption circles. I'm so intrigued by your story. Ron and I have contemplated (FOR A LONG TIME...but that's a conversation for another day) adopting again and doing SN hearing loss. How are things going? How does your new daughter like Metro Deaf? I don't know that we could tap into those school resources because we live pretty far away, but I'm a metro interpreter (education and video relay) and I'm pretty familiar with some of the options available. I'm enjoying being a fly on the wall with your story. Seems like you're doing so great. What blessings! - Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a refreshing post to read. It is a sheer pleasure to read your blog.
    Julie & Family

    ReplyDelete