The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A little road trip and learning something new

Jenny

Erin watching on the side lines. 

Monika diving for the stars



doing the lazy river

Katie showing how strong she is
Monika found something good to read in the hotel room
Katie learned how to braided her own hair

Wednesday afternoon I packed the girls up and drove 2 hours to a waterpark resort.  This resort (Arrowwood) has been such a awesome place for us.  Every year since 2004 we spend a weekend up here with Monika's travel group.  We come in Jan.  We had a free certificate and decided to use it since it was expiring.  Before we came up here, I tried to tell Erin where we were going and what there was to do.  She shut me down instantly when I said swimming.  She said she will only swim when it is really hot out.  I tried to explain our water is a lot warmer then in China water (the pools that we had in China were ice cold), she didn't want to hear any of that, I tried showing her pictures of the place and she still refuse and made her mind up she wasn't swimming.  So I said that was fine, but she will miss out on a lot of fun.  So we got her last night, the girls changed in their swimming suits and off we went.  We walk into the water park and you could tell Erin was taking it all in.  She sat down and started to watch the girls play, as they went down the tubes, slides, lazy river across the water ladder and so forth, she started saying it looks like a lot of fun, I keps saying I tried telling you, but you are to quick to say no without listening to what I am trying to tell you or show you.  I said you need to be a little more willing to see first before making your mind up so fast.  She got the bashful look on her.  I told her we will  be back again.  She said she can't wait.  We are spending the morning in the pool before heading to my parents. 
We had the younger girls conferences on Tuesday, they all are doing very well and the teachers are impress how well they jumped in and got caught up in school seeing they missed 2 1/2 weeks of school.  We are proud of them all.  Jenny is requiring a lot less breaks and continues to exceed, Monika continues to be a leader, sometimes to much, but he said she is very good.  Katie is very friendly and caring and helps a lot.  Erin continues to come home from school happy and enjoying it.  Jade is doing awesome in College.  God is great and I continue to be strong and taking it all in and loving it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun!! I hope you enjoy the rest of MEA break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you have this annual get-together, for you and for the kids. It looks like a great place for it, too.

    ReplyDelete