The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Friday, December 3, 2010

Erin won

 Erin getting ready to pass the ball off to her teammate. 
 Erin ready for a rebound.

Erin joined the basketball team.  I don't think she realized that she would actually have to play competatively.  When she found out, she started to make noises that she didn't want to compete, she wanted to play but not compete.  When the game started and she was out on the court, she was very timid and unsure of herself.  As time went on, she got  a little more sure of what she was suppose to do.  She played defense the whole time and didn't really dribble the ball at all, but did great especially at the end of blocking.  Her team one by 1 point.    We are so proud of her, and we told her that repeatly.  She still doesn't really respond or know how to respond when giving her praise.  She just looks at us and that is about it. 
After her game, Dave and I droved down to Jade's college for her Christmas Festival concert.  This concert is a really big deal and it is hard to get tickets for it.  I am guessing there was about 400  if not more students singing or playing instrument.  It was wonderful and very relaxing and made me feel closer to God.
We weren't allow to take pictures or video.  I snuck one picture just so I could put it on the blog and scrapbook it.  She is such a wonderful singer and is constantly singing now.  We do have to remind her sometimes at the kitchen table to stop singing.

My sister and her daughter watched the girls while we were at the basketball game and then watched the 4 of them while we were with Jade.  Erin enjoys being with my sister and she is starting to talk more to my neice.  My neice sign language is really improving and that helps. 

I am needing some advice.  As many people know, I scrapbook, I am way behind now given what has been going on this past year.  Erin doesn't have a scrapbook yet.  I was planning to work on her lifebook.  She has looked at the scrapbooks of her 3 younger sisters, along with my scrapbooks before having kids.  Given what happen a few weeks ago with her destroying the pictures I made her, I am leary about making a book for her, but on the other hand I feel it would help her.  Since that weekend, Erin doesn't say good night to us or hug us at all (including the sisters).  She told my sister and niece good night last night and hug them (we weren't home).  My sister wasn't aware that Erin stop giving us hugs or saying good night, so my sister will talk to her about it when she sees that happen again (more then likely it will be over Christmas time).  So do I do my best job and make a book for her and hope she doesn't destory it when she gets mad again (she been doing really well these couple of weeks) or do I do a lukewarm job that doesn't take me that long so if she decides to destory it, it won't be all this hard work in it?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, I think you should do the kind of scrapbook you would normally do, and make color copies of the pages. Giver her the book with copies, you keep the originals in a safe place until you think she will be respectful of it. It might cost a bit, but your peace of mind will be worth it.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about letting her help do it? Chloe has watched me do hers, even helped sometimes and she sees how much I put into it so I doubt even angry she would destroy it. Especially since it's all about HER:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I like Vickie's idea too. She might find that she really likes to scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make her a scrapbook. When you made the girls they were much younger and could have done damage, but you put the love and care into their books. Doe the same for Erin, she will treasure it and as time goes on you will be glad you did it. Sometimes we have to take a leap and build our wings on the way down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both ideas, one that you put the love and care and make her one and also that Erin has a chance to help.

    I would do one first for her and as time goes on and you need to add more pages, such as her basketball games, etc... then she could sit down and do a page to start with.
    Marie Osmond had all seven of her chidren make their own scrapbook for themselves. This gave them an opportunity to put their own personal touch on it.

    ReplyDelete