Thank you everyone for the prayers, comments and support. I know I have relied on you guys many times especially these 3 months since Erin joined our family. I draw my energy and strength not only from Jesus, but from all of you too, so thank you.
Without getting into all the details of what transpired on Monday, Erin is working thru a lot of issues and because of that, she is acting them out on the family. As I understand why, some of the behaviors I don't like at all and is very hard to accept. The major issue Dave and I are struggling with her is RESPECT. She doesn't really have any for us at all, yet she feels we should do and give her whatever it is that she wants even when she is being unacceptable. My sister came over last night to talk with Erin and didn't get far with her at all. Erin appears not to be comperhending a lot of things, as we know this is part of the adjustment period, it isn't easy. She even did probably one of the most famous lines that older adoptee say. "In America you are rich and you adopted 4 times, so you have lots of money, so buy me...." She continues to say that she doesn't like us, she say it to kids at school, and just about anyone that she can sign it to. I emailed her theparist (she met Erin for the first time last week and will be meeting her every Wednesday) explaining to her everything that happen and looking for advice. Among her advice she wrote this little statement: Her lack of respect is definitely challenging, but I believe she has the skills to overcome this behavior. I believe she is showing the least amout of respect to you and to Dave because you are going to be her primary attachment figures and she can easily show respect and even care for others in her life well before she can you and Dave because they will not matter as much.
This statement gave me a little bit of peace. If this statement is true for Erin, then we are on the right track.
Erin was great today and did a 180 in 24 hours. Like I have said many times, I will take whatever positives I can and focus on that, so now it is time to focus on that.
Update 11:40Pm, I just received word that my neice had a c-section and baby Ethan (full term) isn't doing good and it sound like he is getting ready to be airlifted to the cities (2 1/2 hours away from where they are). I live in the cities....please say a prayer for them
11 months ago

Most likely Erin was told by her nannies or the older children at the orphanage that you were rich and would buy her everything she wanted. A lot of older adoptees are told this before they are adopted.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. We are praying for you.