The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Took another 180 tonight

First I want to write about my grandnephew Ethan.  He is doing wonderful, The angels truly kept him safe.  My neice was told that she is lucky she had him when she did otherwise she would have had a stillborn.  The situation she was in happens in 1 out of 10,000.  Basically her body all of sudden decides to take the blood from the baby and digest it in her body.  So if they didn't have her come in Tuesday night and had her waited until Wednesday morning to get hooked up, Ethan probably would be with Jesus.  He is off the vent now and is doing very well.  Jessica is looking to get out of the hospital today sometime and hoping to make it down to the cities Friday so she can be with Ethan. 

Erin has decided we needed another bad night.  She stayed home today because she felt she was sick Wednesday night.  I explained to her that is she stayed home, that was fine, but when her sisters are home, she would have to stay in her room.  She asked why, I explained the rule of this house which is if you don't go to school, then when you siblings are home, you are in your room, when your siblings are not home, you can be out in the living room.  Katie was sick Tuesday so she was in her room.  Tuesday Erin asked me why Katie was in her room, and I explained it to her.  So Wednesday when she was telling me that she was sick and was going to stay home Thursday, I used Katie situation to help me explain to her that she will have the same rule.  She said ok.  Today around 1, I explained it to her again, she thought I meant she had to do it at that moment.  Once I explained to her no, she can wait until 4 when her sisters get home, she said thank you to me.  She also help put the orange and apples away when I had come home from the store,  she did it all on her own, so I said thank you to her.  Well kids home and she is not happy about going to her room, makes it well known.  She did a lot of things again tonight, I remained very calm and a couple of times started to laugh at her because she was trying so hard to get me mad at her and it just wasn't working. I ended up taking her prize processions out of her room, which she wasn't happy with me, but I felt it was necessary.  Dave and I talked about everything that happen tonight and how we want to handle it.  We have decided that she loses the computer for however long.  Erin is so determine, I know she is hurting, confused and so forth, I just wish she wouldn't be so destructive that she is going to regret doing it.  I am pretty sure she will go to school tomorrow.
Please Lord, continue to grant me the strength I need to help Erin through this difficult time, to help her learn that she is loved, safe and is part of this family.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Sue! I am glad you were able to laugh about it because, even though I know it's not funny, it's good for you to laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God Ethan is doing fine. Pray for strength each day for mom and baby.

    ReplyDelete