The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Saturday, September 25, 2010

And the busyness starts

Today the busyness started.  Monika has been back to training in gymnastics since Tuesday and going 3 days a week including today.  Katie started back at Gymnastic today and Jenny started back in Dance.  Katie started at 9 and finished at 10:30, Monika starts at 9:30 and finishes at 12 noon.  Jenny starts at Noon and finishes at 2PM.  Once we were all back home this afternoon, my parents were here and visiting for a couple of hours before heading back home.  A couple of friends of ours (Monika's Godfather and his wife) were also there.  The younger girls were playing the Wii with Erin (minus Jenny as she was just getting home from dance).  When my parents left, the girls all gave hugs to them, Erin walked into the kitchen and also gave hugs to both of my parents.  When my friends left, she just waved at them. 
The younger girls and I started to make dumplings with lamb.  Jade is home for the weekend and wanted homemade chinese food, She made some on Friday but isn't feeling well so she didn't eat much of it.  Erin told us that she made dumplings in China in her orphanage.  Erin really liked the pamper chef chopper.

Katie concentrating on cutting the lamb into very tiny pieces.  She did really well with it

Monika contrating on getting all the fat off the lamb



Mixing it all together


Dave and I did the stuffing.
We also made lamb stirfry with zuccuhi and yellow squash.  Poor Jade stomach is upset this week and hasn't calmed down couldn't enjoy this wonderful supper.  We usually don't buy lamb becaues it is very expensive, but she loves it so much and miss it greatly, so we thought we would make it for her and she couldn't even enjoy it..poor thing.  It was good.
Erin showing the girls Chinese Jump rope, she is very good at it

While poor Monika was doing homework, the girls were in Dave's office playing polly pockets.  Initially Erin didn't want to play with it, but when the 3 youngers ones (I let Monika play for a little bit) started to play, she jumped right in.

Erin did better with Dave today, she is at least smiling at him and will make eye contact, so that seems like a improvement.  He also helped her with some cutting.  So maybe what happen with my brother can be a positive thing.  Time will tell.  I said many prayers and asked for guidance.  I got some wonderful private emails and a couple of comments giving advice and encouragement.  I try to remain as open minded and hear out all the advices and then go from there.  Erin wanted to play with the girls constantly and was doing many different things with them.  She still is pushing the rules a little bit and I have to reinforce them but she is responding better to me about some of the more simple rules.  She is also really practicing writing, she is coping Dr. Seuss One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, I read (sign) some of it to her before she took the book away from me and started to write.  She has very nice English writing.  I told her that Sunday we could work more on writing and reading and understanding the words, hopefully she will let Dave help too.  I will also help the family with signing the words and hopefully it will help everyone.  Thanks again for the prayers, guidance, and advice. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your cooking! Jade is probably a wonderful influence with that! I hope she is feeling better.

    You are such a wonderful Mom to Erin and to all your kids!!

    ReplyDelete