September 9 We got up bright and early at 6A. We met Jade's dad and boarded a bus for a 2 hour bus trip. The views on the tour were breathtaking and we passed by many rice paddy fields and saw a lot of country side. We ever got stuck in a little bit of traffic on a bridge and got to watch the workers work on it. It was kinda scary being on that bridge that was high above the river and seeing them do it by hand and small tools. We finally arrived to our destination. It had homes built in the mountains and it was a small town, more like a community. We were greeted by dancers that had rice wine. They got Dave 3 times, so he was feeling a little buzzed. We walked and sat down on some benches and watched an ½ hour dance/music show. The costumes were so beautiful. The guy dancers/music players all had their heads shaved except for the very top. Once we were done with that, we separated from the group and had our private lunch. Where we ate seemed to be in a newer place. The food was good and different from what we have had. I don't think we have had the same kind of food twice yet. Erin was sitting next to me, I caught her (after she did it a couple of times without me knowing) throwing/spitting food on the floor that she didn't like. I told her she couldn't do that, she said yes she could. I said in America you can't do that, please pick it up. She did but she wasn't happy with me. She gave me a pout look, but after a couple of minutes she was back to herself. Once we finished eating we took a golf cart to the top of the mountain. Very beautiful up there. I just wish there wasn't so much pollution in the air, but the air seemed cleaner, so I am thinking some of it was the mist since we were high up. When we got off the bus, we were greeted with people wanting us to dress up in the traditional clothes and have pictures taken, we said no, they were persistence and got Jade's dad to buy. So we all got dressed up, including Dave. I think Erin wears the outfit the best. I think I look funny/dorky. The other girls look cute, but Erin just looks natural in it. We left that little town and stop at another little community and got a little tour and then of course brought into a store to try to buy jewelry. When that was finished we got back on the bus, went to the Museum and again brought into a store. We didn't buy anything from either place. So we made our way back to the hotel. From where we left (Museum) to the hotel it was suppose to take 1 ½ hours. It took us 5 ½ hours. There was a traffic jam, but don't know what the cause was other then road construction. Erin had to go to the bathroom so bad and so did my sister, so once when we were stopped, they got off and so did I….we walked up to the truck in front of us, Erin was going to go to the bathroom along the side of the road between us (the men would pee right outside of the bus where we could see.) Cindy then pulled her pants down and squatted. Just as she squatted, the truck started to move, so she didn't go. We laughed so hard. She had to wait about another hour before she could get out at a restroom and go. Jade's dad has really outdone himself with us. He has shown us so much local and not necessary tourist things. We continue to be very thankful to him showing us things we probably wouldn't see ourselves. My sister is starting to miss American food. Guizhou food is very spicy, they cook with chili peppers in practically everything. I am wanting a burger or something. Monika is still having a hard time with the food, but being a good sport and at least trying some new things. Jenny continues to devour everything and Katie varies. Katie and Jenny are signing a lot more now. Erin is emotionally getting very attached to me. She will grab my hand a lot or my arm. She still prefers to talk more with my sister. Erin even asked for a piggy back ride from me, she came up and gives me hugs and when she took a nap on the bus, she laid her head in my lap and grabbed my arm. She is starting to warm up to Dave a little bit, she will ask him things, and she will look at him. She still won't get to close to him. I am thanking the Lord and everyone else that has been praying for us. All the fears, nervousness, uneasiness I was feeling before we got Erin went away. I know I have my guard down now and I am sure that she will give me a huge shocker when I least expect it, but as a family, it is going great and the girls are doing great with the transition.BTW, a special happy birthday to Dave's brother Steve who is also Jenny's Godfather. We called and left a message wishing him a great birthday |
11 months ago









Glad to hear all is going smoothly. I am sure it is a huge transition for all of you, especially Erin. Sounds like you are doing everything right! Love the dress up pictures! Don't know if I could have or would have gone along with that! You are such good sports!
ReplyDeleteSounds wonderful Sue!! What a beautiful family you have!!
ReplyDeleteHave Dave do all the money so if she wants anything she has to ask her new Dad for it! We also had Jim pass the food around so it seemed like all food came from him. Also have the other girls show Daddy love and hold his hand so she can see how much they love him!
LOve following along! Thanks for sharing!!
Enjoyed this update. :) Looks like you are seeing some very beautiful places. I'm glad all is going well.
ReplyDeleteCool costumes!
Love the costumes-just gorgeous! Glad to hear that things are relaxing and progressing a little with Erin :-)
ReplyDelete