Before I left to go to China, I upgraded/updated my blog, now I have a dickens of time with it. I can only download one picture at a time and it doing funny things. Any word of advice.
Today it was the youger girls first day of school The girls were still suffering from Jetlag as Monika was up until after 3 and the 2 younger ones woke up around that time. They were all excited for school. When I got up at 7:20, Erin was also up. I let Monika sleep until 8:45. The bus came at 9 for them. My neice and nephew were also here. Erin was asking so many questions about school and the bus and talking about some of her experiences with school and not having a bus to ride. She lived at the school, but was talking about her friends at school that didn't take a bus. When the bus came and got the kids, she just stared out the window and watched them, you could she the envious in her and the longing. During all her questions, I forgot to take the first day pictures, so I took them when they got home. We had spaggetti for supper, Erin at the noodles and that was it. She wrinkled up her face wit the sauce and bread. Erin and I took Monika to gymnastic. When we got home Erin went to play out on the swingset and the younger two girls joined her. I went outside to look at the garden and started to pick a couple of carrots, they came over and asked if they could help and the next thing I know everything that was ready to be picked was picked, they had fun doing it. We came in the house, washed and seperated it all. Now we need our fablous daughter to come home and make a wonderful stirfry with her father. Jade and Dave make great stirfries, and sometimes when they are making them, it doesn't look good, but they are good. Among many reasons, I really miss Jade not being at the table with us. I know we will have a night hopefully soon that our 5 daughters will be seated at the table together with Dave and I. Jade continues to do really well at college and enjoying it. She is going trough some homesickness for China cooking that her mom does.
Erin and I hung out today, we watched some movies today, I did some paperwork while watching movies. We went shopping together and played the wii some too. She was happy to see the girls come home. At the table, Monika tried to tell about her day in sign language but it was taking to long and she had to leave for Gymnastics. Katie and Jenny are asking more and more how to sign things, so that is good. I know Erin feels left out at times since this is a speaking house and they are not totally use to signing yet. Dave hasn't had that much time with Erin, he was up most of the night with the kids so he spend most of the day sleeping, hopefully he will be able to sleep tonight. I am so grateful that things continue to go as well as expected.
Please pray for Erin to feel better physically (if you are a man reading this, you might want to skip this part). I noticed that the wastebasket was filling up a little to fast with paper and figure Erin was throwing toilet paper in the wastebasket as they do that in China. I brought her in there and demostrated (fully clothes) that when she is done wiping to throw the toilet paper in the toilet. She gave me a nod and thumbs up to say she understood. She then says water is red. Huh? she said my stomach hurts and water is red, I thinking oh no I am not ready to get on that topic yet, I was praying before we got her that she already was getting them or if she wasn't that she doesn't get it for a little while until communciations are good. So I ask just when you pee or what, she said only when she pees and it not always red. So my conclusion is a bladder infection. We have cranberry juice in the fridge and I told her to drink it, that it would help, she didn't want to, so I explain it again to her, but I don't think she was understand how cranberry juice and bladder infection go together. Jade was on line, so I had her write to Erin in Chinese, Erin got it, dranked a glass of it. I told her she needed to drink more, she trying. She has a doctor appt on Thursday, I am hoping that it gets better before then, if not, I will have them do a urine sample on her. Praise the Lord that I didn't (or at least don't think I do) have to have the talk yet.
I have been lucky as I don't suffer from Jetleg, I was able to flip my sleep schedule with no problem and hoping the girls and dave will be back to normal tomorrow.
Please say a prayer for Erin for Wednesday. She will be assess by the school district, she wants to go to school now and I am hoping that we can get her in soon. There is saddness in Erin's eyes today, I am sure some of it is missing parts of China and other is watching her sisters go to school and she is left behind. They came home with homework and she watched Jenny and Monika do it, she wants to learn so bad. She was using her cousin Cassie sign language book and was spelling out words. She has the ABC's down in sign language. She is getting good at spelling out our names.

I had that problem with my blog, too. My computer is getting old, and somewhere there was a software update that my machine has a hard time being compatible with. See if you have a "Basic Uploader". You might want to google that and see what it is about.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS on getting home and getting into a fast routine! I hope we do as well with jetlag!
ReplyDeleteI hope that Erin will feel better soon, whatever the issue is.
ReplyDeleteThat picture of her at the sink is too cute!
Cute pictures of the younger girls going back to school. I love how they wore their Great Wall shirts.
That is quite a bountiful harvest you have there. Wow.