The Spunky Clan

The Spunky Clan

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Erin's three first in America

Erin's first day at school in America

Waiting for the bus, it was 5 minutes late and she was getting cold

Off on the bus
 Erin was woken up at 7:20 and ready to go by 7:50.  Bus arriving at 8:09.  I tried to get her to take her noodles to school for lunch as I knew she wouldn't eat anything there (didn't set up a lunch account for her), and she won't eat much outside of noodles.  She kept saying no to me, I said you won't be home until after 4, she continued to resist me on it.  I finally shoved two fiber one bars in her hand (she likes thoses), she found CC cookies and I let her take some (never would let my kids have this for lunch).  I had lunch with my sister and a friend, when I left I called home, found out there was a message on the machine (I was looking for Dave), it was from Erin's school saying she had no lunch and they gave her some noodles, but she didn't really like it.  They were wondering if I knew to send a lunch with her or needed to set up an account (told them on Monday that she won't be eating lunch there for awhile).  I had to stop at the school and drop off the rest of the school supplies and explain to them what transpired this morning and said perhaps she will understand better tomorrow.  they have a microwave that and she can use it. She got off the bus all smiles, she had a great day, but I will be needing to email the school in the morning, she told us some things that are a little confusing (nothing bad), so I just need to clarify it. She talked about friends she made and said there is a girl that is also adopted from China that is deaf, but she is younger.  She initially said a boy and then changed it to girl.  She had pictures of classmates and was telling us a little bit about them, she is happy about first day and said tomorrow they are going to work on numbers with her.  She knows how to add and subtract, but doesn't do divisioin or multiplications she said it was because of playing badminton.
Monika went first

Katie enjoying the hair scrubbing


Erin enjoying her hair washing

The hair dryer pampering

Erin's turn

Look at the wavy hair and that was after it was blown dry a little bit, it was curler before  I took the picture
I finally got Erin convince that they won't "cut her hair short".  I took her to the salon and brought Katie and Monika to be the "models".  Monika went first, she watched how "little" of hair got cut of, Erin sat down open a harido book and finds a picture of a women with her hair parted to the side and reminds me of Kate Grosslin (never watched the show or anything, but she was on the front page to many time) when she had short back and side hair and long "bangs' .  Erin pointed at that and said she wanted her bangs like that.  The gal comment on how nice the girl's hair were and she likes Erin's curls.  Erin pointed to the book again and wanted her hair cut like that.  So when it got to the bangs, she decided which side she wanted her hair to be done, the lady then grab her bangs and had it about 3 inches to cut, I asked Erin if that what she wanted cut, she kept shaking her head yes and like the book.  I then pretended to cut the hair and she nodded her head, so the gal cut against my gut instint.  I thought Erin's eyes were going to pop out, she then put on a brave face and smile, but it wasn't the guniniune happy smile, it was the force smile.  She came home and couldn't stop playing with it, it was not long enough to tuck it all behind her ear.  I think she looks beautifal, but I don't think she believe me.  Poor thing, she went to bed at 9 (at the same time as the girls). 
Before she went to bed, the girls were taking a bath, and she asked if she could take a bath, I said sure, you can take one downstairs, she said she hasn't had a bath before (I guess from what she can remember).  She said she liked the bath.  She also helped Dave cooked supper, but she likes to use a lot of oil and salt, so we will have to work on that.  She is taking leftovers to school with her.
I am so thankful she hada good positive experience with school.  Thank you lord for that.

1 comment:

  1. She looks so grown up. Maybe they showered at her former home?

    ReplyDelete