Dave and Erin playing the Wii together. She was playing with the girls and they had to get ready for bed. I then said dad would play and she was fine with that.
Other Tibets of Today: 1. The school district came to the house today. There was the deaf/hard of hearing teacher and then the middle school special ed teacher. They were impress how fast Erin picks up on things. We decided that we are going to send her to the deaf school at this time. They felt she would learn ASL and English quicker that way vs going to a regualar public school and having a interperter. If Erin has usable hearing in the right ear, gets a hearing aid, learns to talk and can hear reasonably when can switch her to the regular public school. We are hoping for good news tomorrow (Thursday) at her hearing test. 2. When we got home from the dentist, Dave asked Erin cut up vegetables. She did. When it was time to eat, she was going to have no part of the vegetables. We gave Monika a spoon full and told her she needed to set an example for Erin. Monika doesn't like zuccuhni, summer squash, eggplant or peppers, and that is what we were having. Dave told me to tell her she has to eat one bite, Erin refused, I said you have to at least try a bit, if you don't like it, that is fine. After a couple more dirty looks she picked up a bite of summer squash, ate it, took another bit of summer squash and ate that one, and then dugged into the pan and got one or two more and then said she was done. I told her thank you for trying it. Bonus: Monika said it was ok except she doesn't like green peppers. 3. A couple days ago I wrote about Erin refusing to acknowledging Dave before going to bed. Last night she said she was going to get ready for bed, she usually then finds me to say good night, she didn't last night. So tonight after her and Dave were playing the Wii, she said she was going to get ready for bed. I listen for the bathroom door to open, gave her a couple of minutes and knocked on her door. She opened it and I asked if she was going to bed, she said yes, I gave her a big hug and a kiss on the head. She hugged back. I am hoping I didn't take a hug step back from a couple nights ago. We do group hugs with the younger girls and she is it. I don't know if she figures that is the hug now or not. We did it in China to and she always came to me for another hug, so I will need to work on that more. 4. I think Jetleg hit Monika and Jenny still. Jenny was really sassy/snotty like, not wanting to listen at all and trying to act all cute and Monika was emotional everytime something wasn't the way she wanted it to be. They got to bed on time tonight, so hopefully we will be good Thursday. 5. It is Mid Autumn Festival, we didn't do anything big to celebrate it this year. We mentioned it to the girls. I think some of the reason we didn't make a deal about it because we just returned from China and we had a lot of family time and bringing together the family (Jades' parents).
|
Thinking of Erin today with the hearing tests. Hoping for good news.
ReplyDeleteNancy