Erin's TB test results and finishing up paperwork Monday Morning we all headed to Sharmian Island. Dave took Erin along with the 3 other families to have the girls TB results read. The rest of us went to the Swan room that is sponsored by Mattel and let the kids play. Dave said that Erin did pretty good with him, she didn't get to close to him, but she talked to him. When they were reading the girls TB results, the first three was a quick negative. Erin's was not. They had two doctors look at it and measure it. She was .8 mm. I believe if she was 1.0 mm she would have had to have a chest x-ray. Thank you Lord for it being providing a negative TB results. They then walked back to the White Swan and started the paperwork for the consulate. Now I decided before we left the hotel, that I was going to clean out some of the papers. BIG MISTAKE!!!! Dave comes and gets me and said I can't find this forms you go and look for them. As soon as I saw one of the other families form, I knew we left them in the safe. Dave volunteer to go back to the hotel and get them. Our guide said not to worry about it, that we will stop at the hotel later in the day. When all the paperwork was done, we had 45 minutes to eat and be back at the hotel. We ran to Lucy's, ate a very fast lunch. Erin is very grabby at things, I had ordered a grilled cheese sandwich with French Fries. Before I could even move she had grabbed the ketchup bottle and started to shake it without holding onto the cap. Needless to say the cap came off and I got a little splatter with ketchup. She also tries to get the girls to drink or eat faster, which isn't a good thing. We all ate well and made it back to White Swan in time. We took a hour bus ride to Katie and Jenny's orphanage. We drove into the city and then waited for the director Ms. Li to meet us and bring us to the orphanage. While we were waiting, Erin who was sitting directly behind Dave, grab is hand and wrote on it all by herself (See the picture for what she wrote), you should have seen the proud face that Dave had when she did that, What a huge step for him and her. This orphanage wasn't in the same spot as we adopted Katie and Jenny, so that was different. So we get back to the hotel, give our guide the papers she needed. Cindy and I decided we were going to the Island shopping and Dave was going to take the girls swimming. I asked Erin what she wanted to do. She asked Cindy was she was doing, Cindy told her "I don't know". Erin said she wanted to come with me, which I said was fine but that she couldn't complain. So she made the decision to stay with Dave and her sisters. We were all shocked and Cindy and I tore out of the room before she could change her mind. Cindy and I enjoyed our time on the island and even found starbucks and had a chocolate shake. I brought a movie Avatar with Chinese subtitles for Erin. When we got back to the hotel , We gave Dave the movie without Erin seeing it. Dave said they had an awesome time together and that they really bonded well. They had a lot of fun together. She won't get to close to Dave, but she is joking with him and trying to talk a little bit to him. So he was on cloud 9. Once the girls were in bed and asleep he gave her the Movie and said it was from him, she smiled and started to watch it right away. Katie is doing fine and eating like a horse again along with Erin. Monika is being fussy as all get out and Jenny is being adventurous and started to be really sassy today. She has been doing remarkably well this whole trip with her moodiness and sassy, but today she decided she needed to do it and not listen either. She ended up losing the chance to watch a movie with her sisters which got her more mad. For those of you that have left comments on my blog, thank you so much. I do read all the comments. Thank you Jean and Vicki for your latest advice, it really helped. I am asking for prayers for me. I woke up really early Monday morning to go to the bathroom, while walking my knee popped. It has been very painful all day, I have limited range of motion. I can't squat for the toilets (it was very interesting to do that), I have swelling under the knee cap and the other edge of my knee. Motrin helps take the edge off for pain, but still in pain. I continued to do all the activities as I don't want it to stop me. Thank you Jesus for opening a door for Dave and Erin, to allow them to connect better. |
11 months ago









So happy the TB came out negative & glad that Erin is truly becoming one of you. Older kids definitely are an adventure. Love your pictures, especially Erin's drawing. Hope your knee doesn't give you much trouble. You all are in our thoughts! ~ Glynis
ReplyDelete